AP: Which new FBS head coaches are most likely to succeed? (#2. P.J. Fleck, Minn)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

2. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota

Playing in the Big Ten West doesn't put the Gophers at a severe competition disadvantage the way that, say, Maryland is by being in the Big Ten East. At Western Michigan, Fleck had recruiting classes that were comparable to some low-rated Big Ten groups, which is remarkable for a MAC school. If the Gophers can consistently threaten Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa under Fleck, that's a step forward, and it doesn't seem like a stretch for him to pull that off a few times over the next five years.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/35552260/which-new-fbs-head-coaches-are-most-likely-to-succeed

Go Gophers!!

1. Jeff Brohm, Purdue

I guess it would be hard to do worse ... but not sure that would be success.

Anyway that list just reads like a hype list of prospects and such. I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason for it is at all...

20. Jeff Tedford, Fresno State

Jeff did really well at Cal, word has it he didn't want a HC job for a while. I think he has a good chance of doing well at Fresno.

Brohm is more likely to succeed than Fleck? I'd like to see the reasoning there. Purdue has won how many Big Ten games in the last three years? Fleck has the potential to be a big success this season while Brohm will be busy hosing down a massive tire fire in West Lafayette.

Brohm is more likely to succeed than Fleck? I'd like to see the reasoning there. Purdue has won how many Big Ten games in the last three years? Fleck has the potential to be a big success this season while Brohm will be busy hosing down a massive tire fire in West Lafayette.

Dude. It's Hawaiian News. Give them a slight break. They probably haven't seen Purdue Football since Joe Tiller was there. :cool:

In context, they're saying that the definition of success for Brohm is going to be much easier given that playing competitive football on a regular basis would be a huge improvement over the past 6 years of Purdue football. Success for Minnesota looks different. The next step here is to close out the PSU victory and beat Wisconsin and play in the Conf Title game at least once in the next three years. The next step at Purdue is maybe get to the Foster Farms bowl in the next three years. I've got no problem with that.

Ok, but the title was most likely to succeed. If we are simply going on distance from point A to point B then the kid in detention hall should be listed as MLTS rather than the class president, valedictorian, or homecoming king. It's a strange exercise.

Ok, but the title was most likely to succeed. If we are simply going on distance from point A to point B then the kid in detention hall should be listed as MLTS rather than the class president, valedictorian, or homecoming king. It's a strange exercise.

I didn't say the title wasn't misleading. It's a hack job all the way around.

Top Bottom