Where's Hayo?

goldygo4

Reaction score
Where was Carpenter this game? It would of been nice to have his speed out there on some fly routes.

Yea, I'm disappointed I didn't see some of the players I was hoping to see...

Hayo was credited with a tackle so he was in on special teams.

And before the next thread starts...

Hageman was on the Kickoff Coverage team.

He's probably still getting acclimated to the offense.

Hageman was on the Kickoff Coverage team.

Glad we are wasting a year of his eligibility so he can cover kicks (not to downplay the importance of covering kicks, but i'm sure we have other guys that are capable of doing that)

I was not commenting on the quality of the decision...

Glad we are wasting a year of his eligibility so he can cover kicks (not to downplay the importance of covering kicks, but i'm sure we have other guys that are capable of doing that)

just trying to avoid to enevitable thread.

I do not come here to praise Caesar, but to bury him.

Redshirting is not what it once was (and it is that way everywhere). Even if a freshman is only the best FG holder, he will play. There is too much uncertainty to do it any other way. The best players are on the field.

Hageman and Carpenter will see time more significant than kickoff coverage before the season is over. It seems that Brewster likes to get a few games under the teams belt before putting new players into the game. I believe it took a game or two before green, broderick smith and other freshman saw significant time other than special teams.

No offense....

But Hayo looks like he's 150 pounds, with arms the size of an average 6th grade girl. He's going to have to get stronger to contribute, IMO.

Get him out there just to run a deep route just once and while IMO...maybe next week?

I really don't think our game plan was ever able to get off the ground in that game. We probably didn't see things the way the coaching staff intended it to be. With a few more extended drives, more substitutions would have been made.

He is a JUCO.

JUCO transfers take time to get into the flow at the D-I level. I was not shocked when he wasnt on the field. I have very little faith in most JUCO transfers until they actually get on the field because for every Lawrence and Traye Simmons there are guys like Paris Hamilton who never make an impact.

JUCO transfers take time to get into the flow at the D-I level. I was not shocked when he wasnt on the field. I have very little faith in most JUCO transfers until they actually get on the field because for every Lawrence and Traye Simmons there are guys like Paris Hamilton who never make an impact.

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe Brandon Green and Troy Stoudermire are just better than him and beat him out. Remember when we used to be excited about these guys???

JUCO for a reason

Many reasons players go the JUCO route. One is they are not very smart. That contributes to them catching on at the D1 A level.

I also agree that Stoudemire is much better.

Top Bottom