Gophers will be the first team Nebraska has played four times on the road in BT

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Omaha World Herald's analysis of Nebraska's games this season:

To rank games on the 2017 schedule, I used a more analytical approach. What does the past tell us statistically? The past tells us Nebraska has lost 1.16 home games per year in Big Ten play. Expect at least one loss at home, and possibly two. The past tells us Nebraska has lost 1.83 road games per year in Big Ten play. Expect at least one of those, too. The past tells us Nebraska lost close games at Miami in 2015, UCLA in 2012 and Virginia Tech in 2009. Is the 2017 Oregon squad as good as those teams, or is it more like the 2010 Washington and 2007 Wake Forest teams NU beat?

The past tells us a few things. It helps me rank the present schedule. Without further delay:

No. 9
Nov. 11 at Minnesota: The Gophers will be the first team Nebraska has played four times on the road in Big Ten play; the three previous games all took place in late October. New coach P.J. Fleck takes over a program that will be looking for a starting quarterback for the first time since 2013 and still has some hurt feelings over how previous coach Tracy Claeys was fired in the wake of a sexual assault investigation and a brief player boycott because of it. Claeys and Fleck couldn’t be more different, and Fleck is a “build from the bottom up” kind of personality, so the Gophers could easily take two steps back in 2017. Minnesota gets its bye week early — Week 4 — so Nebraska will be the seventh of nine straight Big Ten games. What’s more, NU visits after Minnesota has back-to-back road games against rivals Iowa and Michigan. By then, the Gophers may have five or more losses and more NU fans might be inside TCF Bank Stadium than UM fans.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_1ad572e7-3f66-53d5-bf46-17636e37fd37.html

Go Gophers!!

To rank games on the 2017 schedule, I used a more analytical approach. What does the past tell us statistically? The past tells us Nebraska has lost 1.16 home games per year in Big Ten play. Expect at least one loss at home, and possibly two. The past tells us Nebraska has lost 1.83 road games per year in Big Ten play. Expect at least one of those, too. The past tells us Nebraska lost close games at Miami in 2015, UCLA in 2012 and Virginia Tech in 2009. Is the 2017 Oregon squad as good as those teams, or is it more like the 2010 Washington and 2007 Wake Forest teams NU beat?

The past tells us a few things. It helps me rank the present schedule. Without further delay:

No. 9
Nov. 11 at Minnesota: The Gophers will be the first team Nebraska has played four times on the road in Big Ten play; the three previous games all took place in late October. New coach P.J. Fleck takes over a program that will be looking for a starting quarterback for the first time since 2013 and still has some hurt feelings over how previous coach Tracy Claeys was fired in the wake of a sexual assault investigation and a brief player boycott because of it. Claeys and Fleck couldn’t be more different, and Fleck is a “build from the bottom up” kind of personality, so the Gophers could easily take two steps back in 2017. Minnesota gets its bye week early — Week 4 — so Nebraska will be the seventh of nine straight Big Ten games. What’s more, NU visits after Minnesota has back-to-back road games against rivals Iowa and Michigan. By then, the Gophers may have five or more losses and more NU fans might be inside TCF Bank Stadium than UM fans.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_1ad572e7-3f66-53d5-bf46-17636e37fd37.html

Go Gophers!!

Not exactly an "astute" take.

No
No. 9

Go Gophers!!
Now that is some wishful thinking by the Nebraska writer!

I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that came up with some staggering hot takes last offseason.

I do remember, from my season ticket days, Husker fans pay prime bank for tickets...

Top Bottom