Rutgers adds Minnesota graduate transfer Andrew Harte to kicking competition

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NJ.com:

The Rutgers kicking competition in training camp could have almost as many legs as a performance by The Rockettes.

Andrew Harte has committed to Rutgers as a graduate transfer from Big Ten rival Minnesota, NJ Advance Media confirmed with a source after it was reported by multiple scouting services. He can play immediately will his final year of eligibility.

As he was at Minnesota, Harte will be a walk-on, which means he does not get penalized for transferring in-conference. Rutgers hybrid linebacker Ross Douglas also took an in-conference graduate transfer when he arrived from Michigan in 2016.

An Illinois native, Harte attempted three onside kicks and a PAT during his Minnesota career, which included three seasons (one was a redshirt) under former coach Jerry Kill. The 2014 Big Ten Coach of the Year is in his first season as Rutgers offensive coordinator.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ds_minnesota_graduate_transfer_andrew_ha.html

Go Gophers!!

Good for him. Kill seems to have a good knack at scouting kickers so he will probably do well.

I bet Kill illegally contacted him! What a snake oil salesman! Rutgers should self report this immediately!

Jerry Kill........offensive coordinator? Still can't wrap my head around that.

Jerry Kill........offensive coordinator? Still can't wrap my head around that.

I'm with you on that. Apparently RU needed some advice on the execution of RUTM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom