Husker Online: Spring opponent review: Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per HuskerOnline:

Early outlook: Minnesota vs. Nebraska

Jensen-Howard: "Just kind of getting balanced on offense will be important. They probably have two All-Big Ten caliber backs in Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks, but without a quarterback with any sort of experience and without wide receivers with any sort of experience that would definitely be something to look at as an x-factor on Minnesota's end going up against an experienced secondary.

"The defensive line lost a couple players, but I think the defensive line should be alright this year. Knowing though the Huskers always have solid line play, that might be a factor in this game as well."

Overall 2017 win-loss expectation

Jensen-Howard: "Last year they went 8-4 in the regular season and beat Washington State in the Holiday Bowl to finish 9-4. I would not expect them to win 9 games this year or next year, just because what they lost last year and what they lose next year.

"But with Fleck's recruiting I would expect they will build eventually, but for this next year I would guess probably around 7-5."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/spring-opponent-review-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

Shouldn't this be a preview and not a review? The N really does stand for "Nowledge"

Top Bottom