Former Gopher Derrick Wells arrested for grand theft

Either going to Vegas, coming back from Vegas, or while I was in Vegas is the only time I've had that amount in a wallet before.

The money was in a wallet readily identifiable. If you find it, you have the choice of leaving it there or turning it over to authorities, keeping the money is theft period.

You are likely right - Grand Theft still seems like a crock for this situation, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are likely right - Grand Theft still seems like a crock for this situation, IMO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"likely"? You're moving in the right direction Spoofin. I'll agree with you that grand theft is overkill.

What they don't say in the article is whether the wallet had an ID in it or not. If not, I'd say it's fair game. If so, then yes, turn it in or get it to the owner.

Yes this is the point. If the owner can be easily ID'd it should obviously go to the owner, pronto. A few years ago my wife, daughter and I found $150 (it was loose, no wallet) in the parking lot of Legoland near San Diego. We turned it in and filled out of form. Not sure what happened with the $, but they gave us a pass which allowed us to to go to the front of lines for the rest of the day. We felt good about it and I hope that some family that had saved for a vacation got their money back. Oh, what was Wells doing in the courtroom?

Top Bottom