Gophers open as 31-point favorites vs Buffalo

Years of walrus ball have made you all cynics.

I'm thinking this will be a 44-6 type game. Chris Autman Bell debuts in dramatic fashion. Croft has 275 combined yards. Smith and Brooks run wild. The defense doesn't need experienced DBs vs this team; front 7 dominates. Only two targeting calls.

Going to bet a lunch on the over.

Yes!!! QBs (Gophs up big early so both Croft and Rhoda take snaps) has 250+ through the air plus a couple first down scrambles on the ground. Extremely lopsided TOP with a bunch of 3-and-outs and T/Os (at least two to offset the targeting calls), and the targeting calls would be on a Gopher player ear-holing a defender down field on a long run or bubble screen that busts loose.

I am going under.

Just from watching PJ's offense a bit at Western Michigan (more like a couple games on youtube, so yes, I am an expert :)), it seems like a lot of PJ's passing game is based on timing. I realize that's any offense, but I think it's more acute in PJ's offense than a Power Run/PLayaction Pass dominated sort of scheme.

I'd have to bet the under. If the game was two weeks later, I'd probably take the over.

I am going under.

Just from watching PJ's offense a bit at Western Michigan (more like a couple games on youtube, so yes, I am an expert :)), it seems like a lot of PJ's passing game is based on timing. I realize that's any offense, but I think it's more acute in PJ's offense than a Power Run/PLayaction Pass dominated sort of scheme.

I'd have to bet the under. If the game was two weeks later, I'd probably take the over.

I assume you are just messing with me...if so, well done.

Unlikely IMO that the Gophers cover 31...the Gophers had trouble blowing teams out by over 21 even with a Senior QB and a long-term coaching staff.

I do predict a win, but something more like 38-17.

Unlikely IMO that the Gophers cover 31...the Gophers had trouble blowing teams out by over 21 even with a Senior QB and a long-term coaching staff.

I do predict a win, but something more like 38-17.

Didn't we have a first-year head coach last year?

Years of walrus ball have made you all cynics.

I'm thinking this will be a 44-6 type game. Chris Autman Bell debuts in dramatic fashion. Croft has 275 combined yards. Smith and Brooks run wild. The defense doesn't need experienced DBs vs this team; front 7 dominates. Only two targeting calls.

Going to bet a lunch on the over.

I'll take that. I believe all you just stated to be correct, or I hope it will be, except I think instead of Bell it'll be Johnson and/or Still. HOWEVER, that will NOT turn into a 31+ point blowout. We will find ways to let them hang around. 21+ I'd say maybe, but 31+ that just ain't us. Have you forgotten who we cheer for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take that. I believe all you just stated to be correct, or I hope it will be, except I think instead of Bell it'll be Johnson and/or Still. HOWEVER, that will NOT turn into a 31+ point blowout. We will find ways to let them hang around. 21+ I'd say maybe, but 31+ that just ain't us. Have you forgotten who we cheer for?

Didn't you get the memo...? New culture.

Yeah I'm just having a bit of fun. Every year to amuse myself I try to crystal ball sleeper true freshman like Brooks, Richardson, Celestin, Winfield based on stupidly exciting Hudl tape. I have to say if Autman Bells thumb is 100% and he has the great hands he seems to have he could be one to look out for. We need consistent offensive weapons and I understand he's been out of football, receivers take time to develop but we're not awash in proven talent. Who knows?

Yeah I'm just having a bit of fun. Every year to amuse myself I try to crystal ball sleeper true freshman like Brooks, Richardson, Celestin, Winfield based on stupidly exciting Hudl tape. I have to say if Autman Bells thumb is 100% and he has the great hands he seems to have he could be one to look out for. We need consistent offensive weapons and I understand he's been out of football, receivers take time to develop but we're not awash in proven talent. Who knows?

There's something wrong with his thumb?

Top Bottom