Gophers open as 31-point favorites vs Buffalo

I'll go under. New QB, new OC, new HC, no WR.

Also noteworthy that a very-average Colorado State team that went 7-6 last year opens as 2-point favorites at home vs Oregon State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take MN to win by 32 or more. It's Buffalo and our O is going to get in a groove.

With a first year starter at QB. New offensive system. Whole new culture. It's a lot of change for 8 months. I don't know how you can take the over unless you're extremely optimistic.

Buffalo lost three games by more than 31 points in 2016, including a 38-0 loss to Western Michigan.

Buffalo started a rs frosh qb last year. They have only 1 senior listed as a starter. They lost to BC, NIU, and WMU by 32 or more last year. It's the third year for coach Lance Leipold, the former UW-Whitewater coach. He won 6 national championships in 8 years at DIII Whitewater. I think Buffalo has some promise with their young qb, but the gophers should dominate buffalo's young linemen. All that said, I don't think we cover 31. Since Mason, the gophers have only won by 32+ three times, against FAU, New Hampshire, and Iowa.

Despite all the unknowns they already have predictions for this game. Wow. So 31 points now, will be interesting what it will be in a couple months. Would be nice though as I believe it would help the offense and defense get into a groove playing together.

Years of walrus ball have made you all cynics.

I'm thinking this will be a 44-6 type game. Chris Autman Bell debuts in dramatic fashion. Croft has 275 combined yards. Smith and Brooks run wild. The defense doesn't need experienced DBs vs this team; front 7 dominates. Only two targeting calls.

Going to bet a lunch on the over.

I'm thinking this will be a 44-6 type game. Chris Autman Bell debuts in dramatic fashion. Croft has 275 combined yards. Smith and Brooks run wild. The defense doesn't need experienced DBs vs this team; front 7 dominates. Only two targeting calls.

Nice :clap:

It's only on Gopher Fan sites where you can find people telling you how much better Buffalo is gonna be and how much worse the Gophers will be. :D

They have a decent QB and OL but not much else. I could see it going either way but I am more than certai we win by 20+.

Buffalo lost three games by more than 31 points in 2016, including a 38-0 loss to Western Michigan.

Worth noting that WMU scored all 38 points in just 3 quarters against Buffalo. Score was 0-0 after first quarter.

It's only on Gopher Fan sites where you can find people telling you how much better Buffalo is gonna be and how much worse the Gophers will be. :D

True Dat

Pretty sure the oddsmakers are aware of all the "unknowns" posters like to point out on GH.

It would be nice to pound someone.

I'll worry more about Oregon St..

It's 32 points. Even if we are better and they are worse we might not cover.

I'd stay away from this line. 32 points is a lot! Also - as a rule, I tend to not bet on underdogs unless I think they have an actual chance at winning the game, which I don't think Buffalo has. I think we would all be pretty happy with a clean, somewhat uneventful game in the 34-10 range. Or, maybe we have all been subdued by the Kill/Claeys formula of holding much of our playbook out of these non-con games and Fleck really wants to make a point and we go out and steamroll them by 50. Ah - the subtleties of gambling.

The last time we won by more than 31 points was Iowa in 2014. I'll take the under.

The last time we won by more than 31 points was Iowa in 2014. I'll take the under.

Sorry - don't mean to call you out as several people are making this mistake, but this is not an 'over/under' bet. If you don't think the Gophers will win by 32, you place your bet for Buffalo at +32. Not a big deal, just a personal pet peeve of mine.

Both on us, both on them, or one of each.

Top Bottom