Phil Steele: Finalizing my Special teams Units. K-State, WKU, Fla & Minn at top

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Kill made Special Forces a priority. Hope Fleck continues to focus there as well.

Now I'm confused. I think Phil Steele puts out an amazing product, but what is he basing this on? Every time we're back to return a punt I hope it just goes out of bounds. And who is returning kickoffs? I don't get it.

Now I'm confused. I think Phil Steele puts out an amazing product, but what is he basing this on?

Our kicker and punter are both pretty good.

BTW looked up an article from last year....is Carpenter still a walk-on?

Our kicker and punter are both pretty good.

BTW looked up an article from last year....is Carpenter still a walk-on?

This. Plus the Gophers' kick coverage was the best in the conference. And Rodney Smith averaged 32.9 yards per kickoff return.

You're right, those are good points. I guess I was just blinded by flashbacks of punt returners doing full-on frontal dives trying to catch punts.

One of best APRs in nation. Some of best RBs in Big. Great kicker/punter. Reading House thread, an athletic, strong armed qb who fits masterminds, high powered offense. 7 of top 10 oline returning. Gold mine.

You're right, those are good points. I guess I was just blinded by flashbacks of punt returners doing full-on frontal dives trying to catch punts.

You are not alone Urban. There has been nothing the last couple of years that gets me more nervous during games than receiving a punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are not alone Urban. There has been nothing the last couple of years that gets me more nervous during games than receiving a punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should just throw that guy with the overalls from the Spring Game back there. It won't work out, but at least it'll be funny.

Keep RODNEY on the sidelines during special teams play. We certainly have someone else who can gain 10 yds. on the kickoff and punt returns, after all they are being rewarded with a scholarship. Why take the risk?

Top Bottom