BHGP: Know Your Enemy, Spring Edition: Minnesota Golden Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Black Heart Gold Pants:

Why should Iowa be worried?
From a pure talent standpoint, I’m not sure Minnesota is that much worse than Iowa — if at all. Add in the energy and confidence that new head coach P.J. Fleck brings to the table, and you’re looking at a team that will be fired up each and every week -- regardless of the opponent. Additionally, that experienced offensive line and solid running back tandem should be cause for concern, as Fleck had his Western Michigan squad peeling off over 228 yards per game on the ground. He knows how to run the ball, and he’ll have the horses to do it an an elite level.

Why should Iowa not be worried?
Just like the Hawkeyes, the Gophers are working in a new starting quarterback without any obvious, dependable receiving targets. When the Hawkeyes have the ball, they’ll face a linebacking corps and secondary with plenty of question marks and not much experience.

Key player for Minnesota
Steven Richardson — His ability to penetrate into the backfield, force Iowa’s rushing attack outside and allow his linebackers to use the sidelines as a 12th defender will be key. He’ll also need consistent pocket penetration on obvious passing downs.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...-spring-edition-minnesota-golden-gophers-2017

Go Gophers!!

Linebacking corps with plenty of question marks and not much experience? You clown...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the linebacking comment basically ruined what was otherwise a reasonable set of comments.

Are there some injuries and transfers in our LB corp I am not aware of? Seems to be our deepest, most talented and most experienced group on our team.

Are there some injuries and transfers in our LB corp I am not aware of? Seems to be our deepest, most talented and most experienced group on our team.

There are not. And it is. Guy went to Iowa I guess we can cut him some slack if his investigative and consequent writing skills are lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DB is a concern, but we have more talent at Linebacker then we know what to do with. Pook, Celestin, Waters, Cashman, Huff, Martin, Barber, have Coughlin moving to rush end, Dixon should provide depth, I know Williams got torched two years ago, but having a guy like that in your third or fourth string isn't bad. Front seven will give a lot of our opponents problems and should allow the new pieces in the secondary to grow. Guthrie a solid recruit, we can red shirt him and let him develop

It's interesting how the Iowa writer is more complimentary of the team's talent than some. A reasonable write up, which indicates it was not written by a Wisconsinite.

Yes, the linebacking comment basically ruined what was otherwise a reasonable set of comments.

That, and his call out of Gaelin Elmore under Who do they return?

Top Bottom