Fox 39: Croft's Shot To Lead Gophers Could Come Now

But still been in the fight? I think we still would have had to toss him for the fight.

The fight happened due to the culture at Rutgers. Had he not left the U - no fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, you would love to go into the season with a clearly defined #1 QB. That is obviously not the case this year at MN.

Now, if one of the underclassmen grabs the reins and really takes over the position during the season, that changes matters.

IMHO, the perfect situation would be to go into each season with a JR QB who is the clear starter, a SO backup who is capable of playing in the event of an injury, a RS FR at third string, and a true FR in his RS season. The Gophers are not there this year - but they could potentially be there next year if things work out correctly.

I retract my statement. Recruits never look at a depth chart when deciding on a school. This is especially true of quarterbacks.

But still been in the fight? I think we still would have had to toss him for the fight.

IIRC that happened during finals so he wouldn't have been in Mankato that night.

Stands to reason Phil would have had a better than even chance at reclaiming his job had he stuck around. How effective he would have been will never be known. It's an alternate timeline and Doc Brown can't help to rewrite the past.

IIRC that happened during finals so he wouldn't have been in Mankato that night.

Stands to reason Phil would have had a better than even chance at reclaiming his job had he stuck around. How effective he would have been will never be known. It's an alternate timeline and Doc Brown can't help to rewrite the past.

It's a mystery.

The reason Phillip was in a fighting mood was because he was jealous. He had spent a long time away from his girlfriend and felt insecure about their relationship. Had he still been a gopher his mindset that evening would more than likely been different. Kill recently admitted that playing two QBs in 2013 "hurt us." I guess that means he recognizes they mishandled the QBs here. Maybe Nelson would have had a better career had he stayed or maybe not. Like Slab said , it's a mystery.

Sure it does. Starting Croft gives the impression that the starter for the next 3 years is on the roster, which could lead a recruit to infer that they'd have no chance to see the field until he graduates and consequently go elsewhere. Starting a senior gives the impression that it will be an open battle in 2018.

Sure does seem like you said:

Starting Croft gives the impression that the starter for the next 3 years is on the roster, which could lead a recruit to infer that they'd have no chance to see the field until he graduates and consequently go elsewhere.

But I may have "mis-remembered"?

I guess, you are saying that you were explaining the issue and not agreeing with it?

Sure does seem like you said:

Starting Croft gives the impression that the starter for the next 3 years is on the roster, which could lead a recruit to infer that they'd have no chance to see the field until he graduates and consequently go elsewhere.

But I may have "mis-remembered"?

I guess, you are saying that you were explaining the issue and not agreeing with it?

Yes, that is what I said. Please point out where I said it was bad.

Top Bottom