Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1322
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    On the Ultimate Softball board, 2 days ago mwfastpitch posted that he or she heard rumors that a big name pitcher was transferring to Minnesota.
    Sounds that Sydney Smith is officially returning to MN. Meanwhile, Kendall Judge, freshman pitcher who saw limited action, is leaving the program.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    Sounds that Sydney Smith is officially returning to MN. Meanwhile, Kendall Judge, freshman pitcher who saw limited action, is leaving the program.
    Saw posts indicating this as well. Bummer for Kendal, but I really hope she lands somewhere where she can contribute.

    If true, it will be nice to have another veteran arm to add to the mix.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    Saw posts indicating this as well. Bummer for Kendal, but I really hope she lands somewhere where she can contribute.

    If true, it will be nice to have another veteran arm to add to the mix.
    It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out by the time school starts.

    Macken, Finucane, and Sara G are the only seniors leaving. It looks like a pitcher transfer in and a pitcher transfer out. Seven new freshmen added.

    Seven starters returning everywhere but LF and Pitcher. Fiser pitched well, Brandt played some outfield last year, and I know others can play there as well. Anyone have any speculation? Any of the freshmen have a shot at playing significantly?

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out by the time school starts.

    Macken, Finucane, and Sara G are the only seniors leaving. It looks like a pitcher transfer in and a pitcher transfer out. Seven new freshmen added.

    Seven starters returning everywhere but LF and Pitcher. Fiser pitched well, Brandt played some outfield last year, and I know others can play there as well. Anyone have any speculation? Any of the freshmen have a shot at playing significantly?

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Rumours I've heard indicate Hannah Bailey, the freshman pitcher from California, could contribute right away. Would have to think she will be behind Fiser and Smith (assuming her transfer is a final), at least at the start of the season.

    Don't know much about position players, but it's going to be tough for any of them to crack the lineup I would think. Need somebody to fill in for Macken, but there are plenty of options. Maybe Alex Velasquez.

    Also, Rachel Lowary is coming in as a pitcher. She's the younger sister of Oklahoma star pitcher Paige Lowary. Never seen her pitch, but here's hoping she can keep up the family legacy of star hurlers.


    Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

  5. #20

    Default

    For the freshmen, Velasquez probably starts in Macken's spot, only Gopher on the PGF All-American teams. AJ becomes the primary courtesy/sub runner, she's super fast. Rachel should be more of a control/movement pitcher than Paige is, but too many injury problems already could make it hard for her to find good playing time (multiple shoulder surgeries and ankle problems). Miller some defensive time, or flex to let Lindaman DP if a pitcher can hit. Bailey probably fits based on her style of speed/control/break against one of the others. Brandt is pitching a bit more this year for sure. Smith is eligible immediately but also seems to have quite an attitude, otherwise could actually have a 4 person rotation. Still would like to see Fiser as the #1 since she's got the speed. Ellee P/OF, Gill SS/OF but can't see much else on them.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    For the freshmen, Velasquez probably starts in Macken's spot, only Gopher on the PGF All-American teams. AJ becomes the primary courtesy/sub runner, she's super fast. Rachel should be more of a control/movement pitcher than Paige is, but too many injury problems already could make it hard for her to find good playing time (multiple shoulder surgeries and ankle problems). Miller some defensive time, or flex to let Lindaman DP if a pitcher can hit. Bailey probably fits based on her style of speed/control/break against one of the others. Brandt is pitching a bit more this year for sure. Smith is eligible immediately but also seems to have quite an attitude, otherwise could actually have a 4 person rotation. Still would like to see Fiser as the #1 since she's got the speed. Ellee P/OF, Gill SS/OF but can't see much else on them.
    Seeing 3 on this listing. http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/

    Ahhh got it. You were referring to this. http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com...can_selections

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    6,369

    Default

    Any Iowa HS or summer tournament reports on our incoming freshmen?
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Seeing 3 on this listing. http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/

    Ahhh got it. You were referring to this. http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com...can_selections
    My only comment on the PGF All-Americans is that I think your team has to play PGF tournaments to get on there. If your team plays another sanctioning body I don't think you have a great chance of getting on there. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Hadn't seen anything "official" regarding Smith's transfer, so I'll just leave this here:

    http://fastpitchnews.com/college-sof...nnesota/347402

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    Hadn't seen anything "official" regarding Smith's transfer, so I'll just leave this here:

    http://fastpitchnews.com/college-sof...nnesota/347402
    Still skeptical given we don't need someone with an attitude and ego, but at least depth and a bit more experience than underclassmen pitchers

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Still skeptical given we don't need someone with an attitude and ego, but at least depth and a bit more experience than underclassmen pitchers

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Attitude and ego can change. I don't know anything about Smith so I will reserve judgement. I hope she fits in well with the team and is a great addition.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Still skeptical given we don't need someone with an attitude and ego, but at least depth and a bit more experience than underclassmen pitchers

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    I'm hardly "plugged-in" to the softball community, so I'm admittedly not familiar with what her issues might be. With that said, Allister and the coaching staff appear to have established an incredibly accepting culture. The ladies seem to genuinely love and respect one another. Here's hoping Smith can fit in without a hiccup.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    I'm hardly "plugged-in" to the softball community, so I'm admittedly not familiar with what her issues might be. With that said, Allister and the coaching staff appear to have established an incredibly accepting culture. The ladies seem to genuinely love and respect one another. Here's hoping Smith can fit in without a hiccup.
    I'm not at all.
    Agree that Allister seems to run a good team. Wish Smith was more of a strikeout pitcher. (Just my preference when it comes to pitchers.)

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Still skeptical given we don't need someone with an attitude and ego, but at least depth and a bit more experience than underclassmen pitchers

    Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    This seems as if you have a chip on your shoulder or something, I have watched Syd since 12U and not sure where all the negativity is coming from...

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FPN View Post
    This seems as if you have a chip on your shoulder or something, I have watched Syd since 12U and not sure where all the negativity is coming from...
    People have their opinions. I was out at the ASA/USA 18 Gold state tournament over the weekend and heard a lot of "opinions" about a lot of players and their abilities and their attitudes. There were a lot of committed players playing including two of the incoming Gophers (Miller and Thompson) and Kemmetmueller played as well.

    It will be interesting to see what they do with Miller. She played a lot at 3B but is also a catcher. Thompson is an outfielder. No question about that. Kemmetmueller played left side infield and pitched.

    2018 commit Hanson from Buffalo looked very good and is a big hitter. She is a very good ballplayer.

    There was some chatter about Syd Smith in the peanut gallery from parents and coaches who had kids who played with her and against her and it was all positive from what I heard. Folks think Smith is a definite positive move for the Gophers.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •