Gopher Softball 2018

A little sad that they dropped the Classic Goldy:(

Is the classic Goldy the Gopher sitting up on the 2 hind legs. I loved that thing! These new helmets look pretty classy but I hate seeing that old image go :p

Folks there is a stream!

Go to the Gopher Softball Schedule page to the NDSU game and click on watch and there it is!

Thanks for mentioning the stream. It was nice watching Wagner's homer sail into the distance.

First inning and I'm having some difficulties deciphering what's going on..lol :rolleyes:

First inning and I'm having some difficulties deciphering what's going on..lol :rolleyes:

hahaha..I think I was watching the previous game, not the first inning. That may be why I was having trouble deciphering...see, I call it as I see it! :p

It looked like Parlich almost made that play on the shot down the line with a runner on first and two out in the fifth, that would have been glorious ;)

The ladies are now 4-0 on the season after shutting out UNLV 3-0.

Smith goes the distance for the win while Dwyer hit a solo bomb in the victory.

One game left in Vegas against Creighton tomorrow.

So, I went to a game in the fall and I noticed Ellee Jensen played that game. I believe she's played every game so far in the regular season. And then, in the second game today, I hear the team giving her the "Sammy Macken Chant". That is pretty cool for her! Does anybody have any info on her game/story to share?

Way to go Gophs!

So, I went to a game in the fall and I noticed Ellee Jensen played that game. I believe she's played every game so far in the regular season. And then, in the second game today, I hear the team giving her the "Sammy Macken Chant". That is pretty cool for her! Does anybody have any info on her game/story to share?

Way to go Gophs!

I wonder about Jensen's history, too. I assumed Krueger or Chell would the heir apparent to that outfield position. Jensen seems to have snuck in under the radar. Anyone know much about her?

I was glad the Gophers won; hoped for a bit more clutch hitting, but I guess these teams throw their best pitchers at them, which is good for honing hitting skills. The team looks poised. And better defensively.

I wonder about Jensen's history, too. I assumed Krueger or Chell would the heir apparent to that outfield position. Jensen seems to have snuck in under the radar. Anyone know much about her?

I was glad the Gophers won; hoped for a bit more clutch hitting, but I guess these teams throw their best pitchers at them, which is good for honing hitting skills. The team looks poised. And better defensively.

According to her profile she played for B.A.T.S. Academy. Same summer program as 2019 recruit, Strelow.
Went to the B.A.T.S. website and looks like she owns quite a few of the program records.
http://www.batsacademyfastpitch.com/teams/default.asp?u=BATSACADEMYSOFTBALL&s=softball&p=records
(Might be posting info you are already aware of.)

From what I have heard, Ellee is the fastest player on the team.

Thanks, fan of RW!

Gopher68: Jensen turned a little bloop hit to left into an easy double, could almost have made it to third.

Thanks, fan of RW!

Gopher68: Jensen turned a little bloop hit to left into an easy double, could almost have made it to third.
She looks really fast in person! She is doing good things slapping and bunting and playing solid defense.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Woman's softball has it own area on this board to deal with multiple topics.

Big Ten Games for Sunday 2-11-18

Michigan State plays Boston College.... lost 3-0
Michigan plays Illinois State.... won 6-1
Illinois plays Louisville.... lost 9-7
Iowa plays Illinois-Chicago.... lost 6-4 and Louisiana-Lafayette.... lost 9-0
Nebraska plays Cal State Northridge.... won 9-1 and Seattle..... won 3-2
Purdue plays Fresno State.... lost 13-4
Wisconsin plays Colorado State.... cancelled
Northwestern plays South Dakota.... won 13-5
Ohio State plays Boston U.... won 3-2
Maryland plays Middle Tennessee.... won 2-1
Minnesota plays Creighton.... 7-3
Penn State plays Lipscomb.... cancelled
Rutgers plays Utah State.... won 11-5
Indiana plays Arizona State.... lost 2-1

They are wearing the other helmets today. Never fear, antique Goldy is still here!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Did that ump just say, "dead ball, contact with the plate" when that Creighton player hit the ball? Did I hear that correctly?

Really not understanding our approach at the plate today. Why was Maddie Houlihan squaring to bunt throughout her at-bat and trying to slap it?

Was just wondering. I've never seen that from Maddie that I can recall. Curious as to whether it's a part of her game that we've not seen before? Or maybe just trying to get the Creighton pitcher and defense to think about it? I honestly don't know.

Really not understanding our approach at the plate today. Why was Maddie Houlihan squaring to bunt throughout her at-bat and trying to slap it?

I was going to post something similar yesterday vs. NDSU where she showed the slap a couple of times. That seems to be new, but wasn't sure if I just never caught it in the past. The fake bunt stance seems to be new too. I love her normal relaxed/efficient stance; I tell my daughter to watch her technique whenever she comes to bat.

I have been watching, having to do something and watching again.......why is Lindaman out?

Did they run for her a couple of times, hence she can't re enter?

I have been watching, having to do something and watching again.......why is Lindaman out?

Did they run for her a couple of times, hence she can't re enter?

Lindaman was replaced by a pinch runner while on 2nd in the prior inning. I'm pretty sure she had a pinch runner previously in the game as well. I'm not an NCAA rules guru, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lindaman was replaced by a pinch runner while on 2nd in the prior inning. I'm pretty sure she had a pinch runner previously in the game as well. I'm not an NCAA rules guru, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Right. It was the second time she was lifted for a runner. She can only reenter once.

Top Bottom