Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
  1. Default

That was good pitching by Hanson against Lindaman in the bottom of the 3rd.

2. Default

Really have their work cut out for them now.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Really have their work cut out for them now.
    Pitching is suspect and where have the bats gone?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ComoGopher View Post
    Pitching is suspect and where have the bats gone?
    Thought she might let someone else throw an inning, since I would guess Smith gets the ball tomorrow against Notre Dame. (Also I do not think they are going to get to Hanson.)

5. Default

Just too rusty or what? Seems like a bunch of errors

6. Default

On a positive note, MN high school finally put responsibility on coaches for players to be properly equipped so no more wasting 5 minutes for umpires to have to check

7. Default

The left handed freshman, Beaubien, is going to throw for the Wolverines against FSU. She already won the earlier game against Notre Dame today.

8. Default

I watched all 5 Gopher games in Las Vegas last weekend. It was cheering to see them win, but not cheering to see how uninspired they were. Very passive at the plate; they had Fiser to thank for a whole lot that weekend. This weekend in Tallahassee has been wretched. The Gophers themselves robbed Fisher of both those first 2 games by their lack of hitting and bad errors. They essentially gave the games away. You can't wait till the 7th inning to start hitting and expect to win many games. What strikes me is their inability to beat teams ranked in the top 10 nationally, as witnessed by their performances the past 3 years against teams such as Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Alabama, FSU. Losing to Notre Dame? It should never happen. Hopefully they can get the ship righted soon. The first two weeks have not shown a team wanting it very badly or inspired enough to win the BIG or get anywhere near the CWS.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    I watched all 5 Gopher games in Las Vegas last weekend. It was cheering to see them win, but not cheering to see how uninspired they were. Very passive at the plate; they had Fiser to thank for a whole lot that weekend. This weekend in Tallahassee has been wretched. The Gophers themselves robbed Fisher of both those first 2 games by their lack of hitting and bad errors. They essentially gave the games away. You can't wait till the 7th inning to start hitting and expect to win many games. What strikes me is their inability to beat teams ranked in the top 10 nationally, as witnessed by their performances the past 3 years against teams such as Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Alabama, FSU. Losing to Notre Dame? It should never happen. Hopefully they can get the ship righted soon. The first two weeks have not shown a team wanting it very badly or inspired enough to win the BIG or get anywhere near the CWS.
    Yep. 1 win in all those top 10 games (AZ in regional). Interesting to note, though, that ALL those games were true road games. None were at neutral site tournaments. With the home-cooking bias that seems so obvious at times with these big name programs at home, it's extremely difficult to overcome...and the Gophers just haven't been able to get that signature break-through series. Yet. Let's hope the butt-whoopin this weekend serves as a wake up call because they have the talent to break through.

10. Default

Take this with a grain of salt since it's coming from some dummy watching games on a computer screen, but Meghan Beaubien is the next great pitcher from the Big Ten. She is the best in the Big Ten right now.

11. Default

Big Ten scores from Saturday

Maryland over Delaware 4-1 and lost to Auburn 12-1
    PSU lost to VT 9-6
    Indiana beat BC 8-3
    Michigan beat Notre Dame 6-0 also beat FSU 1-0
    Ohio State beat Louisville 6-5 and beat NC State 5-4
    Iowa beat Butler 8-0 and lost to Texas A&M 3-2
    Wisconsin lost to Pitt 6-5 and lost to NC 9-7
    Rutgers lost to Mississippi 9-1 and beat Houston 4-3
    Nebraska beat GT 7-3
    Minnesota lost to Notre Dame 6-5 and lost to FSU 9-3