Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Gopher Softball 2018

Here is a new thread to put all of your lineup speculation, news about transfers, how the players from Iowa are doing in their senior seasons, how the other players are doing in their club seasons, etc.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Blog Entries

Does anyone know who was RS last year? Freshmen, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ruppertflywheel View Post
    Does anyone know who was RS last year? Freshmen, or otherwise.
    No redshirts. Everyone on the roster played.

Alex Velazquez-Chanhassen. With region Semi-finals coming up this week against Minnetonka Alex has put up these #'s for the season. .534 batting average, 80 at bats with 20 walks. Slugging % of 948. She has not committed a error this season. Chanhassen looks unstoppable and should repeat, but you never know.

Alexandra Thompson-Howard Lake Waverly. Batting .639 for the season

July and August should be busy times. USSSA has their big Elite Select tourney in KC in the middle of July and then ASA/USA 18U A and 18 Gold (I think Florida and Oregon this year) are later in the summer along with PGF nationals on the west coast.

Most of the girls (not sure on Iowa girls) should play in one or more of those big tourneys.

The Minnesota ASA/USA Gold state championship games for 14U, 16U, and 18U are supposed to be played at Jane Sage Cowles this year. That will probably be a fun event to get out to if you like watching softball.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Love the direction of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    July and August should be busy times. USSSA has their big Elite Select tourney in KC in the middle of July and then ASA/USA 18U A and 18 Gold (I think Florida and Oregon this year) are later in the summer along with PGF nationals on the west coast.

Most of the girls (not sure on Iowa girls) should play in one or more of those big tourneys.

The Minnesota ASA/USA Gold state championship games for 14U, 16U, and 18U are supposed to be played at Jane Sage Cowles this year. That will probably be a fun event to get out to if you like watching softball.

Don't forget about the big 3 going on in Denver and the surrounding area around the 4th of july! You've got the IDT tourney, Fireworks and Sparkler tourneys all in the denver metro area. Those are some big recruiting tournaments along with the OnDeck jamboree that week. There will be ALOT going on out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Alex Velazquez-Chanhassen. With region Semi-finals coming up this week against Minnetonka Alex has put up these #'s for the season. .534 batting average, 80 at bats with 20 walks. Slugging % of 948. She has not committed a error this season. Chanhassen looks unstoppable and should repeat, but you never know.
    Did Minnesota offer her?

Signed with Minnesota.

Transfer watch: Minnesota native Sydney Smith has announced she is transferring away from LSU. Would be a great pickup for the Gophers at Pitcher. Former Top 25 National Freshman of the Year finalist

Quote Originally Posted by GopherGoldy4 View Post
    Transfer watch: Minnesota native Sydney Smith has announced she is transferring away from LSU. Would be a great pickup for the Gophers at Pitcher. Former Top 25 National Freshman of the Year finalist
    On the Ultimate Softball board, 2 days ago mwfastpitch posted that he or she heard rumors that a big name pitcher was transferring to Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    On the Ultimate Softball board, 2 days ago mwfastpitch posted that he or she heard rumors that a big name pitcher was transferring to Minnesota.
    Hmm, very interesting. We'll have to wait and see obviously, but in reading the posts over on that board, there seems to be a general consensus that she'll end up being a Gopher.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherGoldy4 View Post
    Can we say Row the Boat in a softball thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski U Mah Gopher View Post
    I saw that as well. Somebody I follow on Twitter retweeted her tweet about transferring. I wonder how mwfastpitch got that intel!