Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeGuy View Post
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...101117aaa.html

Oct. 11, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY - Minnesota sophomore Kendyl Lindaman found her name among the 56 athletes to accept an invitation to participate in the 2018 USA Softball Women's National Team Selection Camp. The camp will be held January 1-5, 2018 at Eddie C. Moore Softball Complex in Clearwater, Fla.

Lindaman will be vying for a spot on the 2018 USA Softball Women's National Team (WNT) roster who will compete at the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) Women's World Championship in Chiba, Japan August 2-12, 2018, the World Cup of Softball XIII and other select events. During the selection process, athletes will participate in drills as well as simulated games to be evaluated by the USA Softball Women's National Team Selection Committee.

Lindaman in her freshman year for the Maroon and Gold posted a team best batting average (.426), slugging percentage (.899), on-base percentage (.598), RBI (76), walks (63) and home runs (20). On top of setting a new single-season record for home runs, she also earned eight Big Ten Freshman of the Week awards setting a Big Ten single-season record. The Big Ten Player and Freshman of the Year was also named a NFCA First-Team All-American and named Division I NFCA Sports Diamond Catcher of the Year.
    That is pretty darn good talent that Allister recruited! Several freshmen contributed last year and if a few can contribute this year it will mean good things.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    That is pretty darn good talent that Allister recruited! Several freshmen contributed last year and if a few can contribute this year it will mean good things.

You're absolutely right. Continued great recruiting is the key. The coaching, the facilities, and the fan base are all there. Ever better players are all that's needed.

Sounds like the same NCAA personnel worked the UNC fraud case as worked last year's softball tournament committee

4. Default

Does anyone know how many players are signing to join next year?? Class of 2018

5. Default

Not sure how many they will sign. They will graduate 5 seniors but I have heard that coach Trachsel prefers 20 rather than 22 players. So, that would mean they might sign 3. Two that have committed are Emma Burns from Rapid City and Emily Hansen from Buffalo, MN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    Not sure how many they will sign. They will graduate 5 seniors but I have heard that coach Trachsel prefers 20 rather than 22 players. So, that would mean they might sign 3. Two that have committed are Emma Burns from Rapid City and Emily Hansen from Buffalo, MN.
    Is there a pitcher in the mix? I guess we find out in November when they sign their NLIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    From everything I've read and heard, Hansen could be a star in college. Don't know enough about Burns to have an opinion.

As for the pitching staff, none of them are seniors. Smith is a junior, Fiser and Brandt are both sophomores and Bailey and Lowary are freshmen. Not sure we need another pitcher in this recruiting cycle.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

8. Default

I have not heard of a pitching recruit in this class - doesn't mean there isn't one. The other commit that I am aware of is Sydney Schelkopf a speedster from a small school in Nebraska that plays club ball on a team from Oregon. It is the same club, Northwest Bullets, where Kenna Partain played.