Pioneer Press: Gophers Road Trip part of effort for ‘honest feedback,’ AD Mark Coyle

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

This year’s expanded Gophers Road Trip meshes with athletics director Mark Coyle’s initiatives to be more open and accommodating to fans.

The swings around Minnesota will have an extra day on each of its two separate legs, and the 14 total events are the most stops of any road trip since 2013. The first jaunt heads south from Monday to Wednesday; the second will go west and north from June 5-7.

Beyond these tours, Coyle, who will mark one year on the job on May 31, has established a fan council and fan loyalty program.

Coyle seeks feedback from serious implications on how recent off-the-field scandals — like the sexual misconduct incident that brought the football program down — might have affected fans’ support of the Gophers to smaller, more detailed items such as how fans buy tickets, find parking places and receive service at concession stands.

“We want to know everything,” Coyle said. “We can only make it better by asking for honest feedback.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/19/gophers-road-trip-seeks-honest-feedback-ad-mark-coyle-says/

Go Gophers!!

As a founding member of the "not a fan of Coyle club" it really doesn't matter to me what he says at this point regarding the past. It's his action (or lack of it) that concerned me.

It's his actions (or lack of it) going forward that matter.

Good to see them up on the Range.

I bet. The closest we have had them out here to West Central, MN is Alexandria once I believe. They have been to Willmar multiple times (where BoR chair Dean Johnson is from), but other than that, it's been pretty non-existent out here. I am always surprised they haven't been to Morris as it would be nice to see them out in this area more often. But, alas, you go where the people are I suppose.

They switch it up each year. Im sure next year they will hit towns like Duluth, Moorhead and Bemidji. Cant get to all of them each summer.

With two Marshall kids on the team, should add Marshall again next year too.

I will add that I think it has something to do with where donors are as well. Donors seem to be the ones that front the money for these events. I know it has been in Perham many times, and always hosted by Kenny Nelson, who is a big booster.

“We want to know everything,” Coyle said. “We can only make it better by asking for honest feedback.”

I believe this year will be a key year for him. We'll see what happens. While I'm not a big supporter of him, I do need to give him a mulligan and hope that he improves in the area of truthful communications.

Top Bottom