Oregon State adds a former 5 star RB for this coming season.........from the Ducks.

beavergopher

Reaction score
News for Rodent Bowl II.
Thomas Tyner medically retired fifteen months ago due to shoulder injuries. One of the fastest 100m times ever for his age group as a prep sophomore and as a senior at Aloha HS ran for 644 yards and 10 TD's in one game! Originally a verbal to the Beavs, he switched after attending a season opening to loss to Sacramento State. Enjoy those Riley game plans Huskers. Kid is a physical specimen at 6', 215 lbs. If healthy, a serious home run threat.
http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/05/recruiting_rewind_what_are_ore.html

Big time recruit but a big time injury list. Two bad shoulders, ankle. Surgical repair of one shoulder, still with labrum tear in the other IIRC. Supposedly lack of motivation to play football leading to the retirement. I wonder if the near prospect of having to earn a living motivated him to try and do well this year and possibly enter NFL draft. Wanting to play and being able to are two different things.

If he makes it through fall camp they have a good one. Those shoulders will be tested eventually. OSU already has Nall, a wrecking ball we had trouble with last year. Looking forward to this game!

Can't see how he is immediately eligible. Doesn't appear that he is a graduate transfer. So it would seem that he would have to sit for 1 year - unless the 15 month injury period would qualify.

I'm more worried if we're going to cover the screen to Nall this year.

Can't see how he is immediately eligible. Doesn't appear that he is a graduate transfer. So it would seem that he would have to sit for 1 year - unless the 15 month injury period would qualify.

Apparently if you medically retire you can play immediately the next season, but it has to be at another school to prevent nefarious misuse of this. You can come back at the same school during the same season. Tyner's dad is an attorney so I would assume his ducks are in a row. Pun intended.

Apparently he was a OSU fan growing up but decided to go to Oregon after the Beavers were terrible his senior year.

When Tyner retired, it was because he couldn't lift his elbows past his torso without severe pain due to his multiple shoulder injuries. I wouldn't want to hand the ball to him. Good luck to him though.

6'7”, 290 pound, Oregon State offensive lineman Will Hopkins has been granted a release from the school and is expected to pursue his options as a graduate transfer. The news comes at a brutal time for the Beavers program, who are already looking to replace Sean Harlow, Dustin Stanton and Gavin Andrews up front.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buil...sive-lineman-will-hopkins-granted-his-release

11 olinemen on rostet

6'7”, 290 pound, Oregon State offensive lineman Will Hopkins has been granted a release from the school and is expected to pursue his options as a graduate transfer. The news comes at a brutal time for the Beavers program, who are already looking to replace Sean Harlow, Dustin Stanton and Gavin Andrews up front.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buil...sive-lineman-will-hopkins-granted-his-release

11 olinemen on rostet
He was never going to play, so not a major loss. Chasing a chance to play. I would bet he ends up at a lower level school in his home state of TX.

He was never going to play, so not a major loss. Chasing a chance to play. I would bet he ends up at a lower level school in his home state of TX.

Of course. A guy who hasn't played for 2-3 years will definitely be a contributor, and a guy who hasn't played in 2-3 years won't be. I get it.

Top Bottom