Xavier @ Wisconsin
Purdue @ Marquette
Creighton @ Northwestern
DePaul @ Illinois
Indiana @ Seton Hall
Nebraska @ Saint John's
Butler @ Maryland

I'm seeing 5-3 win for Big Ten.

It should make for an interesting game as Pitino went to school there and was a manager for the team.

It looks like they return their entire rotation while also bringing in the 17th ranked class in the country including highly touted PG Makai Ashton-Langford. Should be one of our tougher games of the season.

It looks like they return their entire rotation while also bringing in the 17th ranked class in the country including highly touted PG Makai Ashton-Langford. Should be one of our tougher games of the season.

I haven't seen Providence in any early preseason top 25 rankings. I suppose that maybe doesn't mean a whole lot, but if we're a top 15-20 team, we could still be favored in this game.

I haven't seen Providence in any early preseason top 25 rankings. I suppose that maybe doesn't mean a whole lot, but if we're a top 15-20 team, we could still be favored in this game.

I imagine we still will be and it's a great chance at a quality win early in the season. They should only get better as the season goes.

Providence returns their top 10 scorers.

They went 20-13, 10-8 in the Big East and made the tourney but lost to USC in one of the play-in games plus have some nice recruits coming. On paper they definitely look like a top 25 team unless there are some injuries/transfers of key players that I'm not aware of. Should be tough.

Looks to be a good match up. Guessing Providence will be at the bottom of or near the top 25. Have a couple of fringe top 25 teams in Arkansas and Providence that we travel to. Team should be battle tested by the time conference play rolls around

They have a ton of returning experience from their NCAA Tournament team, and a pretty solid recruiting class to go along with it. I think they'll be for sure an NCAA Tournament team again, and shouldn't have to sweat it out like they did last year. Good game for the Gophers, and a great opportunity for what should be a top 50 road win OOC.

Teams 26-40 all flirt with the top 25 throughout a season. Providence returns everyone, now that Bullock pulled out of the draft. They have a great pg in Cartwright, a scorer in bullock-6-8 230 combo forward, and 3 pt shooting from Lindsey. A nice recruiting class. They do not have a legit shot blocker. They have depth. Bulluck and a few others fall in love with the 3 but shoot a low percentage. So. Young 6-9 250 is the only big with the size to contend with Lynch. They sound a bit like the gophers, but if gophers bring their A game they should be alright.

Good chance for a quality road win.

Related question - are we playing at the Sanford Pentagon again this year?

At the "Dunk"

Xavier @ Wisconsin
Purdue @ Marquette
Creighton @ Northwestern
DePaul @ Illinois
Indiana @ Seton Hall
Nebraska @ Saint John's
Butler @ Maryland

I'm seeing 5-3 win for Big Ten.[/QUOTE

The Dunkin Donuts Center is a great place to watch a game. Been there a few times and love the B1G vs Big East. Road trip

Good chance for a quality road win.

Related question - are we playing at the Sanford Pentagon again this year?

I don't think we are this year. With the 2 neutral site games at the Barclays, I think that game is all but out now, plus I think Iowa is playing a game there instead, but don't know 100%

I don't think we are this year. With the 2 neutral site games at the Barclays, I think that game is all but out now, plus I think Iowa is playing a game there instead, but don't know 100%

Plus, with one of our Big Ten "home games" at Madison Square Garden, doubt we'd give up another Williams Arena date.

Teams 26-40 all flirt with the top 25 throughout a season. Providence returns everyone, now that Bullock pulled out of the draft. They have a great pg in Cartwright, a scorer in bullock-6-8 230 combo forward, and 3 pt shooting from Lindsey. A nice recruiting class. They do not have a legit shot blocker. They have depth. Bulluck and a few others fall in love with the 3 but shoot a low percentage. So. Young 6-9 250 is the only big with the size to contend with Lynch. They sound a bit like the gophers, but if gophers bring their A game they should be alright.

Friars also have two bigs among their incoming freshmen class. Nate Watson is about 6'9, 250 lbs and Dajour Dickens is 6'11, 215 lbs. Watson should be in the mix but Dickens will probably play somewhat sparingly as a freshman.

The Dunkin Donuts Center is a great place to watch a game. Been there a few times and love the B1G vs Big East. Road trip

lmao, is that really the name of their arena?

Good point about the game vs Ohio State at MSG, I forgot about that. So including the BTT in NY next year, we make 4 trips to the east coast plus possible conference games at MD and Rutgers. Guess it's safe to say we're going to keep hitting the east coast hard in recruiting.

The Dunk

lmao, is that really the name of their arena?

Good point about the game vs Ohio State at MSG, I forgot about that. So including the BTT in NY next year, we make 4 trips to the east coast plus possible conference games at MD and Rutgers. Guess it's safe to say we're going to keep hitting the east coast hard in recruiting.

Yep, the real name. If you have been to that part of New England the next Dunkin Donuts store is always within sight. Coffee is the best and outsells their donuts by a ton. Think of Starbucks and Caribou here and together they aren't as popular as Dunkin Donuts is out there. The Bruins minor league affiliate also plays at the Dunk.

Top Bottom