Happy 90th Birthday to Gophers 3-Sport Legend Bud Grant!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How much did Bud charge to use his picture?

How much did Bud charge to use his picture?

Ha-ha....Great athlete and coach, but would squeeze the head on a buffelo nickel. He has never given back to the U. Maybe in his will there will be something.

Interesting little-know facts

Bud Grant was born in the early morning hours of May 20, 1927 at precisely the time Charles Lindbergh lifted off on his historic trans-Atlantic flight. That flight ended 33 1/2 hours later when "Lucky Lindy" touched down in Paris. Bud Grant, being a large baby and already the stickler for hard work and sacrifice which embodied his life and career, inflicted on his mother exactly 33 1/2 hrs of labor. Coincidence:confused:
Bud Grant was born Harry Peter Grant Jr after his father Harry Peter Sr. It didn't take his mother Bernice long to realize that by the second or third grade that name would cause him some considerable grief. She remembered calling the family together and letting it be known a change was in order. "At that time I had no idea what his nickname was to be" she recalled, "but I knew what we weren't going to be calling him". "Of course his father wasn't terribly thrilled with my decision" she remembered, "but I looked him square in the eye, and said 'from now on, you're the only Harry Peter in this family, and buddy boy, don't you ever forget it!'. And that's when, I think, we realized we had our nickname!".

Ha-ha....Great athlete and coach, but would squeeze the head on a buffelo nickel. He has never given back to the U. Maybe in his will there will be something.

I heard he's leaving some of those empty 20 dollar Gibson whiskey bottles for the U in his will. Unfortunately they will likely only get a few nickels at the local recycling center.

Top Bottom