Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatles View Post
    What a load of crap. He's a good person because he does a good job of refraining from name calling on a message board? He's proven over and over what a POS of a human being he is.


  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Progressives are haters. There is satisfaction to be taken from their consternation.
    Kingdom Warriors

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Who did I say was not a Christian? No - I think that was just you that I said was a liar. Accurately. I said that Christ called people who acted similarly, "a brood of vipers". I didn't call anyone a viper. Not attacking you Howie- just cleaning up some inaccuracies on your part that I believe are on purpose.
    You can be a liar and still be a Christian. And if you're a Good liar, you can be a Good Christian.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Who did I say was not a Christian? No - I think that was just you that I said was a liar. Accurately. I said that Christ called people who acted similarly, "a brood of vipers". I didn't call anyone a viper. Not attacking you Howie- just cleaning up some inaccuracies on your part that I believe are on purpose.
    Howie finds it much easier to argue against straw men and made up quotes. Makes him feel smart.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I think DH is brilliant. I think he is frustrated with those who don't even bother to use the brains God gave them to reason things out. He got tired of explaining things a while back with no response and he started hitting back. It's probably not great to do so but I think he's right. I hope that doesn't hit too close to home for you.

    So, let me ask you one interesting question - do you hold Christians to a higher standard than others? If so why? Do you understand that the basics of Christianity are that man is fallen and by our own nature un-redeemable except through Christ? Therefore when we talk about values we do not talk about our own perfection, (because we are not perfected) but rather about a level we should all strive for because it is the prescription God gave us to be closer to Him. I do not profess to be better than you because I have accepted Christ's grace, rather I tell you that I am better off than I was because of Christ and I view it as worthwhile to offer - when asked.
    If he's so frustrated with others- I know how to help! Log off for a bit. This Messageboard is compulsory, not mandatory. And it's not too close to home for me...for it to be 'too close to home' for me, I would have to hold your opinion in esteem.

    To answer your question- even thought you really did not answer mine other than to offer a convoluted justifcation for diehard's name calling and general rudeness - 'Yes...I do hold Christians to a higher standard than others.' If you are going to wear your religion on your sleeve (or in your Messageboard signature line- (Kingdom Warriors for example), then you better walk the walk as well. I was a Southern Baptist for the first 20 years of my life. Church on Sunday Morning, Sunday Night, Wednesday Night and Bible Studies almost every day. I am very familiar with the Bible (King James Version was the Bapitist drug of choice). As a Christian- you are supposed to hold yourself to a higher standard. If Gopherhole causes you to be a rude asshole, there is a real easy fix. I'm not a Christian now- and I never call people idiots, dummies, fools or other names that question their intelligence....does that make me special? Not really. I was taught as a child that name calling is not OK and usually a crutch for when someone does not have anything intelligent to say.

    I'm fully aware that Christianity preaches that man is imperfect...we always hear it when a teetotaler gets caught toe tapping in the mens restroom as well. It's a fantastic way to beg for forgiveness. As adults, there is no one to punish us like we do our kids when their behavior is unacceptable. Instead we try to justify it by saying man is imperfect on a Gopher Athletics Messageboard.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Howie finds it much easier to argue against straw men and made up quotes. Makes him feel smart.
    And deuce goes out of his way to argue for every right wing talking point. Makes him feel.....

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougMN View Post
    If he's so frustrated with others- I know how to help! Log off for a bit. This Messageboard is compulsory, not mandatory. And it's not too close to home for me...for it to be 'too close to home' for me, I would have to hold your opinion in esteem.

    To answer your question- even thought you really did not answer mine other than to offer a convoluted justifcation for diehard's name calling and general rudeness - 'Yes...I do hold Christians to a higher standard than others.' If you are going to wear your religion on your sleeve (or in your Messageboard signature line- (Kingdom Warriors for example), then you better walk the walk as well. I was a Southern Baptist for the first 20 years of my life. Church on Sunday Morning, Sunday Night, Wednesday Night and Bible Studies almost every day. I am very familiar with the Bible (King James Version was the Bapitist drug of choice). As a Christian- you are supposed to hold yourself to a higher standard. If Gopherhole causes you to be a rude asshole, there is a real easy fix. I'm not a Christian now- and I never call people idiots, dummies, fools or other names that question their intelligence....does that make me special? Not really. I was taught as a child that name calling is not OK and usually a crutch for when someone does not have anything intelligent to say.

    I'm fully aware that Christianity preaches that man is imperfect...we always hear it when a teetotaler gets caught toe tapping in the mens restroom as well. It's a fantastic way to beg for forgiveness. As adults, there is no one to punish us like we do our kids when their behavior is unacceptable. Instead we try to justify it by saying man is imperfect on a Gopher Athletics Messageboard.
    You went through the motions, but you never were a Christian. I do not have a Christian obligation to lie about people in order to be nice in the view of pagans.
    Kingdom Warriors

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    You went through the motions, but you never were a Christian. I do not have a Christian obligation to lie about people in order to be nice in the view of pagans.
    Incorrect- I fully bought in and totally believed in magic through most of my childhood. The pomposity of your 2nd statement disqualifies you from any serious discussion. And if you truly believe it- how sad that you spend your days typing rude responses to all you judge to be intellectually inferior to you....based on different political views. That's a sad life and a sad way to spend out your days. I truly feel sorry for you.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    You might think that Beeg is terribly wrong, but he almost never gets personal or attacks posters.
    Is this the beginning of your standup routine? He attacks people personally in practically every post.

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Is this the beginning of your standup routine? He attacks people personally in practically every post.
    Really? Here's 6 from this thread. Count the personal attacks:

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    But we still love you! If we just knew you by name we'd pray for your soul. But unfortunately you are not registered.

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I understand that's what you think about the Bible. But what DH said is exactly what the Bible promises. History has been written- some of it hasn't happened yet. Christ returns again to conquer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    hmmm- or it might be what the Bible actually says. I will deal with that statement although the rest of your post is false as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Did you see the name of the government in there? I did not. Christians are going to other countries to dig wells, distribute medicine, deliver food, educate and deliver the good news of Christ. What are you doing?

    Excellent: person to person charity in love. Thumbs up. Forcing charity through government taxation is not charity at all - it is enablement. Read more of the Bible and you will see it. Government redistribution- thumbs down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Who did I say was not a Christian? No - I think that was just you that I said was a liar. Accurately. I said that Christ called people who acted similarly, "a brood of vipers". I didn't call anyone a viper. Not attacking you Howie- just cleaning up some inaccuracies on your part that I believe are on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I think DH is brilliant. I think he is frustrated with those who don't even bother to use the brains God gave them to reason things out. He got tired of explaining things a while back with no response and he started hitting back. It's probably not great to do so but I think he's right. I hope that doesn't hit too close to home for you.

    So, let me ask you one interesting question - do you hold Christians to a higher standard than others? If so why? Do you understand that the basics of Christianity are that man is fallen and by our own nature un-redeemable except through Christ? Therefore when we talk about values we do not talk about our own perfection, (because we are not perfected) but rather about a level we should all strive for because it is the prescription God gave us to be closer to Him. I do not profess to be better than you because I have accepted Christ's grace, rather I tell you that I am better off than I was because of Christ and I view it as worthwhile to offer - when asked.
    I left out the "brood of vipers" post. I suppose it could be argued that was a "personal attack". I think, as always, you disagree with his politics, and think they are wrong or hateful, and you read into it an attack. It's one more example of progressive delusion, and it's sad.

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougMN View Post
    Incorrect- I fully bought in and totally believed in magic through most of my childhood. The pomposity of your 2nd statement disqualifies you from any serious discussion. And if you truly believe it- how sad that you spend your days typing rude responses to all you judge to be intellectually inferior to you....based on different political views. That's a sad life and a sad way to spend out your days. I truly feel sorry for you.
    Absolutely untrue. You never believed. You were faking it whether you knew it or not. It is far more than intellectual inferiority. It is even more moral and ethical inferiority. Add lack of common sense to that equation. Those three always outweigh intellectual superiority. Always. You appear to be in a very deep hole.
    Kingdom Warriors

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Really? Here's 6 from this thread. Count the personal attacks:













    I left out the "brood of vipers" post. I suppose it could be argued that was a "personal attack". I think, as always, you disagree with his politics, and think they are wrong or hateful, and you read into it an attack. It's one more example of progressive delusion, and it's sad.
    beeg is getting more honest than nice.
    Kingdom Warriors

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Absolutely untrue. You never believed. You were faking it whether you knew it or not. It is far more than intellectual inferiority. It is even more moral and ethical inferiority. Add lack of common sense to that equation. Those three always outweigh intellectual superiority. Always. You appear to be in a very deep hole.
    It's also called being a kid. Your insults have no effect other than proving my point. I still feel very sorry for you.

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Really? Here's 6 from this thread. Count the personal attacks:

    I left out the "brood of vipers" post. I suppose it could be argued that was a "personal attack". I think, as always, you disagree with his politics, and think they are wrong or hateful, and you read into it an attack. It's one more example of progressive delusion, and it's sad.
    Yes, 6 posts out of 26,863 (or approximately .02%) is a representative sample. Good call and great post!

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Yes, 6 posts out of 26,863 (or approximately .02%) is a representative sample. Good call and great post!
    Let's pick any 5+ page thread at random, and if over half of beeg's posts include personal attacks, I'll give you $100, if less than 25% do, you give me $100. I'm letting you off easy, but 25%-50% being a push. Should be a no brainer for you if "practically every post" contains personal attacks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •