Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DLguy View Post
    LA Coliseum is selling its naming rights to United Airlines but will keep the Coliseum name in the name. 15 years - $70 million

The LA Coliseum is a much more iconic and historic venue than Williams and especially Mariucci.
    Barf

I accept no name that isn't related to the barnyard.

John Deere, Case/IH, Pepperidge Farms, Cargill, Pillsbury, etc., but no corporation that has nothing to do with agriculture.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    I accept no name that isn't related to the barnyard.

John Deere, Case/IH, Pepperidge Farms, Cargill, Pillsbury, etc., but no corporation that has nothing to do with agriculture.
    Just call it the Hippodrome.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Just call it the Hippodrome.
    Would Eveleth complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    With more and more cable cutters, I think the writing is on the wall that the giant TV paydays for The Big Ten Network may be in the rearview mirror (see what is happening at ESPN). If so, they are going to be looking for more revenue to replace TV contracts.
    Perhaps, but the ability to restrict access by the big ten may simply cut out the middle man (comcast). Granted the distribution costs will increase, yet the big ten may end receiving more.

Big ten sports is a niche and is not related to the problems exprienced by ESPN. ESPN Failed to control runaway costs while not noticing the increasing competion. MOreover, they got into the politics of sport instead of broadcasting. Matter of fact, ESPN became ESPn by boradcasting the Big East. The Big Ten musty maintain a quality product, but nostalgia will always produce some inelactisicty for college sports even as pro sports waters down their product.