P.J. Fleck wants Minnesota to be like Corey, become 'THE NAME'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hummer:

Fleck is no longer coaching Davis and isn’t at the program the pair helped lift together over their four-year tenure, but Fleck wants Davis to be the example of the “Row the Boat” mantra he’s brought with him to Minnesota.

“If you’re at the University of Minnesota you can take something that’s never been – whether it’s yourself, your family, your academics, the University of Minnesota and the football program – or hasn’t been for a long time and make it something it’s always dreamed of being,” Fleck told 247Sports earlier this week. “Corey Davis is a perfect example of that.

“Corey Davis probably had $800 in his bank account the night before the draft. I don’t know if it’s $28 million the next day. That changes your life, your family’s life, your kid’s kid’s kid’s life based on your four years of incredible work four years and sacrifice.”

Fleck is famous for his energy, and he got fully revved up when talking about Davis.

He doesn’t want Davis to just be an example of what his culture can do for student athletes. He wants everyone to know that culture, and players like Davis, can make Minnesota a power in college football.

“Corey Davis is the "Row the Boat" culture,” Fleck said, just getting started. "He’s a prime example because he didn’t have the perfect life, but he got around the right people and the right culture. Not the name of the school, but the right culture, and he made it THE NAME. Nobody knew Corey Davis four years ago, but now Corey Davis is THE NAME.

“You can make it THE NAME, and that’s what we strive for at the University of Minnesota. We’re going to be A NAME one day, like, A NAME. People might not look at us as a powerhouse now, but eventually people will look at us as A if not, THE NAME in college football. That’s our vision and those are the type of people we have to bring in here. Without those people with that vision, there’s no way we can do that.”

http://247sports.com/Article/PJ-Fle...be-like-Corey-Davis-become-THE-NAME--52722368

Go Gophers!!

I hope this guy can coach a football game in the Big 10.

While I don't necessarily like being friends with people like him, I love being involved in things led by people like him and wish I had a bit more of him in my leadership style.

In the world we live in, negativity and pessimistic spin is all too easy and gets the "likes". Positivity is infectious, just a lot of people out there decided to get a Positivity vaccine rather than the mumps one it seems.

Man, ya read this and it makes you think Fleck wants to build a career here. Wouldn't that be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the Holiday Bowl again and came away thinking that Cashman had such a sensational game...he was everywhere, even on special teams. Our 2 backs were great (Smith is an amazing blocker). I thought if these guys can do so well under Claeys, what will happen to the rest of our guys under PJ?

Man, ya read this and it makes you think Fleck wants to build a career here. Wouldn't that be cool!

Be careful with that. Bronco fans thought the same thing. I don't plan to get that invested. Good recruiting and wins are all I want. Next year can be next year.

Bronco fans never really believed that. Minnesota could be Fleck's final destination. A power 5 conference, a world class city and a program where he won't just be another in a line of great name coaches. This could become his legacy and if he could force an expansion of the stadium his salary could compete with anywhere.

There's a lot that has to happen, but it is entirely possible.

Be careful with that. Bronco fans thought the same thing. I don't plan to get that invested. Good recruiting and wins are all I want. Next year can be next year.

same ballpark as my thinking - im just gonna enjoy the next game

Well if WMU fans actually thought that then they're a bunch of morons.

Well if WMU fans actually thought that then they're a bunch of morons.

Which is exactly what the fans of wherever he'll go next will say about many here.

But feel free to dream away.

WMU fans who thought he wanted to stay in the MAC be crazy.....

Which is exactly what the fans of wherever he'll go next will say about many here.

But feel free to dream away.

The insecurity of Minnesota fans. Hasn't even coached a game at the U and he is already out the door.

I hear theres a hotline that we can get tips from on how to become more like Corey

Only 4.95 a minute!? A real bargain!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That really would be terrific; so few seem to do that these days, although Coach Kill would probably have stayed but for the health problem.

Top Bottom