Video: Gopher Talk 101 with P.J. Fleck: "Being Elite" "It's a lifestyle and a choice"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Video: Gopher Talk 101 with P.J. Fleck: "Being Elite" "It's a lifestyle and a choice"

Go Gophers!!

That was a more complex and term heavy video than usual... even for PJ.

I eat complicated videos for breakfast.

A lot of jargon in this video and from Fleck in general. However, I've embraced the phrase "change your best every day" in my own life. That's one's "elite."

If my 2 year olds diapers count, I change every day. ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What is with the camera work on these videos? The slow pan back and forth is so strange.

Too difficult to just have a static camera and frame it to make room for the graphics I guess.

That would not be elite. Too boring and usual. Has PJ taught you nothing?[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would not be elite. Too boring and usual. Has PJ taught you nothing?[emoji849]

To be honest, I find listening to Fleck super annoying. I hope he is a great coach and wins a ton of games here, but his little meme videos are brutal.

To be honest, I find listening to Fleck super annoying. I hope he is a great coach and wins a ton of games here, but his little meme videos are brutal.

Agreed. I'm not saying there's no merit to some of what he says.... but he soups it up too much for my taste. What if a kid just wants to play football? But I do like PJ. Just not his videos so much...

Is there something in his videos that says kids can't play football?

[emoji849] please dude. I said JUST. You know what I meant. All that bettering yourself and life coaching, motivational stuff is fine. But it's not everyone's thing. Someone may want to focus on football. And there's not much in those videos about football. Thanks for being a smart ass anyway though...

[emoji849] please dude. I said JUST. You know what I meant. All that bettering yourself and life coaching, motivational stuff is fine. But it's not everyone's thing. Someone may want to focus on football. And there's not much in those videos about football. Thanks for being a smart ass anyway though...

Josh sees red if he sees anything that isn't blind praise of PJF. I don't think he was being a smart ass - just his inner mama bear.

Josh sees red if he sees anything that isn't blind praise of PJF. I don't think he was being a smart ass - just his inner mama bear.

Appreciate it spoof. I feel less annoyed at him now. Let's unleash him on a badger or Hawkeyes board. I hear they have plenty to say about our boy....

You think you know me so well.....you're wrong though Spoofin on yet another thing

Agreed. I'm not saying there's no merit to some of what he says.... but he soups it up too much for my taste. What if a kid just wants to play football? But I do like PJ. Just not his videos so much...

I think then he wouldn't come to this school? Am I missing a really deep thought here? I don't know anybody who have played football who doesn't talk about the game didn't help them in their life, a.k.a I just played football. Maybe you did?

I think then he wouldn't come to this school? Am I missing a really deep thought here? I don't know anybody who have played football who doesn't talk about the game didn't help them in their life, a.k.a I just played football. Maybe you did?

Might be they don't come to this school yeah, PJ knows and freely admits he ain't for everyone. But I'm certain he will attract way more recruits and boosters than he'll turn off. And I'm talking about having a more traditional Xs and Os oriented program may be what some people would prefer instead of so much rhetoric when I say just play football...But hey... I said this before... I like PJ and think he will do great things here that haven't been done in a while. There's still traditionalists out there I'm sure.... no need to take it so personal buddy [emoji23]

no need to take it so personal buddy [emoji23]

I appreciate the humor. Thanks!

A kid that just wants to play football is not going to come to the U and given everything that Fleck has said I don't think he wants that type of kid here anyway.

I'm wary of any person telling me how great, pure, devout, religious, hardworking they are. Usually these things are self-evident and others will then elevate that person. Humbleness is a virtue. Sometimes the worst tell us they're the best. Maybe it's my Lutheran Protestant upbringing.

You think you know me so well.....you're wrong though Spoofin on yet another thing

I don't think I know you. I think I know how you post every time anything is said that could somehow be perceived as a slight at PJF.

I'm wary of any person telling me how great, pure, devout, religious, hardworking they are. Usually these things are self-evident and others will then elevate that person. Humbleness is a virtue. Sometimes the worst tell us they're the best. Maybe it's my Lutheran Protestant upbringing.

I learned all those values from Lane Kiffin. Humility, Modesty, etc...

+1

I hope the kids like him and he is a positive force in their lives, but give me Jerry any day.

Question - in the background there are a bunch of FB helmets on a shelf - Vikings, 49'ers, and Gophers. Then, there's a white helmet with a dark logo. What team is that? I ran the video twice just to look at the helmet, and couldn't figure it out. Help.

As far as the substance, when he talks about "Nekton," it sounds like an alien race on Star Trek. "Captain, the Nektons are locking phasers on the Enterprise....."

Question - in the background there are a bunch of FB helmets on a shelf - Vikings, 49'ers, and Gophers. Then, there's a white helmet with a dark logo. What team is that? I ran the video twice just to look at the helmet, and couldn't figure it out. Help.

As far as the substance, when he talks about "Nekton," it sounds like an alien race on Star Trek. "Captain, the Nektons are locking phasers on the Enterprise....."

WMU?

Top Bottom