ESPN: Big Ten West stock watch (Iowa: Sell, Minnesota: Buy)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Iowa: Sell. The Hawkeyes should be strong in the run game and in stopping the run. That alone won’t cut it anymore in the Big Ten. C.J. Beathard’s departure left a question at quarterback that went unanswered this spring. Wide receivers and tight ends weren’t a picture of consistency, either, according to those who saw the Hawkeyes practice. Coach Kirk Ferentz expected newcomers arriving this summer to get a shot to compete for spots at both receiver and defensive back.

Minnesota: Buy. Minnesota’s stock took a nose dive in December when players revolted against administration, which led to Tracy Claeys’ ouster as head coach in January. New coach P.J. Fleck’s infectious energy and his track record at Western Michigan are reasons enough to make the Gophers a more attractive pick than at the end of last year. Fleck needs to identify a quarterback and his team needs to get healthy, but he didn’t show up to a program void of talent. The offense quietly finished fourth in the league last year in points scored. The biggest problem after how last season ended was cultural, not talent-based, and that plays into Fleck’s strengths.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...h-wisconsin-strengthens-its-status-at-the-top

Go Gophers!!

The Ferentz familia has one more article they can show to new recruits!!!

Buy? Haters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard this all before. Until we beat them and Becky on a regular basis we have nothing to gloat about.

I've heard this all before. Until we beat them and Becky on a regular basis we have nothing to gloat about.

I'm not living in the past as to what we've done. I agree with this post big time. What have we done in the last couple decades? Not a lot.

per ESPN:

Iowa: Sell. The Hawkeyes should be strong in the run game and in stopping the run. That alone won’t cut it anymore in the Big Ten. C.J. Beathard’s departure left a question at quarterback that went unanswered this spring. Wide receivers and tight ends weren’t a picture of consistency, either, according to those who saw the Hawkeyes practice. Coach Kirk Ferentz expected newcomers arriving this summer to get a shot to compete for spots at both receiver and defensive back.

Minnesota: Buy. Minnesota’s stock took a nose dive in December when players revolted against administration, which led to Tracy Claeys’ ouster as head coach in January. New coach P.J. Fleck’s infectious energy and his track record at Western Michigan are reasons enough to make the Gophers a more attractive pick than at the end of last year. Fleck needs to identify a quarterback and his team needs to get healthy, but he didn’t show up to a program void of talent. The offense quietly finished fourth in the league last year in points scored. The biggest problem after how last season ended was cultural, not talent-based, and that plays into Fleck’s strengths.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...h-wisconsin-strengthens-its-status-at-the-top

Go Gophers!!

:drink:

"How dare they say the Gophers will be good and maybe better than the Hawkeyes!" :confused:

There's a lot of questions for both teams so who really knows until the season gets going.

The Gophers haven't won at Kinnick in 18 years, and only twice in 34 years. Hard to bet against that.

There's a lot of questions for both teams so who really knows until the season gets going.

The Gophers haven't won at Kinnick in 18 years, and only twice in 34 years. Hard to bet against that.

I was getting ready to call BS because I was at the game as a freshman in college when we won at Kinnick - and then I realized that WAS 18 years ago. Holy sh!t - time is flying!

Top Bottom