Per KSTP: Top U of MN athletics fundraiser violated sexual harassment policy

It's not weird. As you mentioned before, it's KSTP 5. They will aways go with sleaze and innuendo as long as it's aimed at one of their punching bags like the U.

True, I wouldn't put anything past KSTP.

I think KSTP has a guy hanging around the U that looks like Inspector Clouseau.

I once saw KSTP do a preview of the news around 9pm. The line was A cure for cancer, why are they hiding it? Find out at 10! .... I was kinda shocked, now less so, sadly.

I'm reserving judgement until I hear from Jim Carter.

56c2vjW.gif

He was not a Teague hire

DPO you might be able to validate this but I also believe I have crossed paths with him along time ago. I believe he coached boys basketball at Beaver Dam High School in BD, WI back in the mid 80's. If it is the same guy he came from Bradley U and had a ton of energy which I can see being a benefit for fundraising.

MNgradinWI said:
DPO you might be able to validate this but I also believe I have crossed paths with him along time ago. I believe he coached boys basketball at Beaver Dam High School in BD, WI back in the mid 80's. If it is the same guy he came from Bradley U and had a ton of energy which I can see being a benefit for fundraising.

I can't say for sure that it's the same guy. He did coach basketball at the HS and college level (actually coached the Vadgers under Steve Yoder), but he didn't have any association with Bradley that I'm aware of. He was a wisconsin lifer (undergrad at La Crosse) and lived for many years in and around Madison until Michael moved here to play baseball for the Gophers. Maturi and Randy worked together at uw in the AD and he offered him a job at the same time.

I can't say for sure that it's the same guy. He did coach basketball at the HS and college level (actually coached the Vadgers under Steve Yoder), but he didn't have any association with Bradley that I'm aware of. He was a wisconsin lifer (undergrad at La Crosse) and lived for many years in and around Madison until Michael moved here to play baseball for the Gophers. Maturi and Randy worked together at uw in the AD and he offered him a job at the same time.

Can we just blame this on Wisconsin and be done with it?

I honestly mean no disrespect to him or his friends when I say the accusations could be completely true and still be absolutely no big deal.

Has the U suspended him or put on "paid administrative leave" or whatever equivalent? If this was serious I would think at least that would have happened until a hearing.

As others have said this could be something as simple as he told an off color joke, told a woman she looked beautiful, put his arm around someone in a jovial manner, said something innocent that out of context could be taken as inappropriate, etc. All they have said that I've seen is he violated the policy. As broad as that policy is, that could mean anything (Was that a violation? Some folks call women "broads").

Unless he bragged about his flat and mega tongue or ran a train with a recruit or Tweeted a video of himself in a Devil's threesome I have a feeling this will end up being a bunch of nothing. Of course, it's sad that we have all of those to reference in the last two years!

Pioneer Press: Another sexual harassment allegation in UMN athletics department

The University of Minnesota Board of Regents called an emergency private meeting Thursday morning to discuss what was described as a personnel matter with the “potential for litigation.”

KSTP-TV reported regents were notified Wednesday that Randy Handel, the associate athletics director of development, sexually harassed another employee in the athletics department. The U’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office investigated and found Handel had violated university policy.

It’s not clear whether the emergency meeting was related to the alleged finding against Handel.

A university spokesman said Handel’s job status with the U has not changed.

The U declined to release the email concerning Handel, citing attorney-client privilege.

Regents chairman Dean Johnson is expected to speak about the private meeting Thursday afternoon.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/11/umn-regents-meet-in-private-after-sexual-harassment-finding/

Go Gophers!!

No details yet. As others have said, the sexual harassment guidelines could involve anything from unwanted advances to off-color remarks or comments. I'm not trying to minimize the seriousness of harassment, but sometimes (especially in an academic setting like the U), it really is an "in the eye of the beholder" situation. In other words, if the victim thinks its harassment, that makes it harassment.

And, let's face it, if it comes from the EOAA, some of us on this board simply do not trust anything that emerges from that fine organization.

I guess we'll just have to wait for someone to leak the report.

Wasn't the board meeting today scheduled a long time ago? Isnt this the meeting where Coyle presents the AD budget?

Yikes

An equal concern with this is that it mentions a regent shared the email with KSTP. This is a direct violation of their board ethics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Violation of board of regents ethics, no good.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If this is true, it makes sense. Regardless of the validity of the accusations, we can't have every single thing get leaked to the media before the U has had proper time to react to the findings.

Top Bottom