DT Noah Shannon committed to Gophers

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Welcome Noah. You will play football and graduate from the University of Minnesota. You'll get a great job somewhere locally if you don't have a successful professional career. Now here's the fun part, you will produce little Noahs who will grow even stronger, bigger, and faster than Daddy and they will commit to the University of Minnesota. Are we clear on this?

Welcome Noah. You will play football and graduate from the University of Minnesota. You'll get a great job somewhere locally if you don't have a successful professional career. Now here's the fun part, you will produce little Noahs who will grow even stronger, bigger, and faster than Daddy and they will commit to the University of Minnesota. Are we clear on this?

Well he obviously won't get a job back in the Chicago area because you know... if you leave your home state to play college sports, you'll never get a job there again! /s

Defensive tackle is the toughest position to recruit. And two to three with each class would be the goal.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Wonder what happened when he says it's still a top choice

If he stays away it is a huge loss because I think he has tremendous potential. Recruiting is such a difficult process. I believe in what Coach Fleck is building here and things will get better.

Happy Memorial Day! This is a day to remember my father-in-law who is part of the greatest generation who fought in the Pacific. It is a day to remember my nephew Brian who was killed in Afghanistan in 2008, and to all my nieces and nephews who are proudly and actively serving.

Early commits in MN are a gamble. We get players to commit that are upwards up to three stars early in the recruiting process. It is hard to have some of these commitments stick. We may not be their preferential choice, but PJF is able to persuade them to come here. But, then they have time to think and some of them start getting noticed and we come to find out their commitment isn't solid.

It is part of life. We used to poach WMU.

Give it three or four years. If PJF is able to start winning titles, we will have a totally different dynamics.

Very disappointing news. We are so short on defensive tackles and now to lose one means PJF has work to do to shore up that position. Especially when it would seem that he(they) would get to play immediately. Maybe that is what scaring them away.

Perhaps he missed being fawned over by all the recruiters.

Very disappointing news. We are so short on defensive tackles and now to lose one means PJF has work to do to shore up that position. Especially when it would seem that he(they) would get to play immediately. Maybe that is what scaring them away.

We signed 3 DT's last class and we still have two committed in this class, one being the top DT in Illinois I believe and it's only May. We are fine.

Definitely a bummer. Always that risk with early commits.

I wouldn't freak out just yet either..

Nope, sorry, I'm all:
2013%2F06%2F18%2F7c%2FBeaker.39ba8.gif

De-commits are never a good thing, but it's much better to have it happen in May then Dec/Jan

We signed 3 DT's last class and we still have two committed in this class, one being the top DT in Illinois I believe and it's only May. We are fine.

Signed four defensive tackles, correct?

Malcolm Robinson, the Purdue flip from Ohio powerhouse Massillon
Royal Silver, the juco AllAmerican out of Iowa Western
Noah Hickcox, the WMU flip out of Croft's area, Boylan, IL
Austin Schirck, Paup's Northern Iowa flip from Carroll, Iowa who Fleck calls the steal of the class.

Plus Eden Prairie 2016 grad Conor Novak-Goar is walking on after a year at Iowa Western.

Gary Moore has eligibility for 2018.

That's a three-deep for 2018, with signing day for 2018 still 8 months away. The two verbals makes it a four-deep.

Signed four defensive tackles, correct?

Malcolm Robinson, the Purdue flip from Ohio powerhouse Massillon
Royal Silver, the juco AllAmerican out of Iowa Western
Noah Hickcox, the WMU flip out of Croft's area, Boylan, IL
Austin Schirck, Paup's Northern Iowa flip from Carroll, Iowa who Fleck calls the steal of the class.

Plus Eden Prairie 2016 grad Conor Novak-Goar is walking on after a year at Iowa Western.

Gary Moore has eligibility for 2018.

That's a three-deep for 2018, with signing day for 2018 still 8 months away. The two verbals makes it a four-deep.
Your right, I forgot about Silver. Thats 4.

I'm hoping we RS Silver (3 to play 2) as we will need upperclassman (size/strength) in 2019 more than 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are officially at more DT's this year then the last 3 years combined?

I have written many times the hardest, most critical position to recruit is defensive tackle. To many years have gone bye with one here one there. Coach Fleck seems to realize were are depleted. And stocking up and restoring the position will need 3 to four each year. Its one step in the correct direction.

Top Bottom