Rousemiller, Mafe, Roste

swingman

Reaction score
Walk on olineman Eric Rousemiller from Lakeville South has a 61'10" shot put this year. Was second at State last year. Won the Hamline Elite invite this year. Big kid. Over 300 pounds. Does well in competitive weightlifting. Pre med. Walk on to watch.

Boye Mafe def end recruit out of Hopkins jumped 6'7" this weekend. 6'4, 225 pound frame. Has run an 11.48 100 in past. Started playing football late. Will be interesting to watch.

One other name that pops up in some track news is Jaran Roste, the walk on qb from Alex. Over 50 feet in shot, near 21 in long jump. Also had a nice run with hoops team winning section. Carlson School. Will be a kid I will root for to succeed.

It good to see football players excel in track and field. A good combo.

Great post, thanks for the info. Rousemiller may be Jon Christensen part 2? Hope all of them crack the lineup, but always root for walk ons.

Mafe appears to be one of those "physical specimens" who will hopefully pick up the football learning curve and become dominant.

I have a pal in Bemidji who has seen Roste play QB and believes that there is D1 in him...

Walk on olineman Eric Rousemiller from Lakeville South has a 61'10" shot put this year. Was second at State last year. Won the Hamline Elite invite this year. Big kid. Over 300 pounds. Does well in competitive weightlifting. Pre med. Walk on to watch.

Boye Mafe def end recruit out of Hopkins jumped 6'7" this weekend. 6'4, 225 pound frame. Has run an 11.48 100 in past. Started playing football late. Will be interesting to watch.

One other name that pops up in some track news is Jaran Roste, the walk on qb from Alex. Over 50 feet in shot, near 21 in long jump. Also had a nice run with hoops team winning section. Carlson School. Will be a kid I will root for to succeed.

Eric Rousemiller - Feet, feet, feet. Outstanding! Seat of power and explosive movement!

Boye Mafe - Rush end outside backer? Potential position flexibility. Another D. Cambell?

3 great young men to be excited about. Thanks, swingman.

50 ft shot put throw for a QB seems really good to me. Rousemiller's shotput would indicate, to me at least, that he has some explosion athletically.

Good to see more and more home grown talent coming to the U under scholarship or walk-ons. These guys bleed MN M&G!

Great post swingman! Yes, those traits of being athletic kids will for sure help their chances. Of course you could argue that to be a D1 player you are have to be a great athlete and good at other things because that is necessary to be a D1 player. (Cue dog chasing his tail meme)

Top Bottom