All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

I hope these new uniforms are able to "change their best".

It means we can use all white because that’s what many like these days. Is white a school color? That’s what it means. Many schools are using all white and all black everything.

So let's be like many schools using bland all white and all black everything. Got it

It really isn't that difficult to understand. See below:

You are crazy if you think there is any chance I am going to watch a video explaining #RTB. I'd rather shove a stick in my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroon and Gold. Forget the the white doilies around the neck and sleeves. I miss Randy Handel.

I've been in Fleck's boat but these uniforms are an unmitigated disaster. Chrome helmet, oar and anthracite are bad but the maroon jersey is the most unforgivable part of the whole set.

All white is by far the best combo...which is extremely sad.

The maroon and gold are so far off what the team has been wearing the past few years it's a shock to the system.

The oars on the helmets are ridiculous. Incorporate them from time to time for fun, sure...like the Goldy tail this year. That's fun. Permanent fixture? Stupid. Draws attention from the block M.

I'm not anti-change in general. In fact, I was one of few on here who LOVED the all anthracite combo of recent times, but the new anthracite jersey with metallic gold helmet looks like Purdue. It's absolutely hideous.

Fleck really needs to embrace our traditions here...except the losing.

Fleck really needs to embrace our traditions here...except the losing.

Overall, unimpressive and some just plain ugly. I see very little class or tradition in these but if the kids win in them I could care less. I was prepared for oars, paddles and other boat themes but most of these are not good renditions if there is such a thing.

Team reaction video:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You are crazy if you think there is any chance I am going to watch a video explaining #RTB. I'd rather shove a stick in my eye.

It's a free country. You can shove a stick in your eye. I won't stop you.

So if Fleck bolts after next year we have a goddamned oar on 2 of our helmets and no connection of said oars to our school, just the guy who would be at another school. It makes no sense to add a coach's personal brand to the uniforms in such a prominent way.

I hate the fact that the U can't seem to find a single maroon and stick with it. We have both brown-based and red-based uniforms and for some reason it's ok to vacillate between them from year to year and sport to sport. That violates every common sense rule of branding. I strongly prefer the brown-based version because that's a true maroon and is our school color; these unis have too much red in them. Not a fan of these for that reason alone.

Yes, exactly. I once heard that our Maroon should resemble "dried blood."

So if Fleck bolts after next year we have a goddamned oar on 2 of our helmets and no connection of said oars to our school, just the guy who would be at another school. It makes no sense to add a coach's personal brand to the uniforms in such a prominent way.

They're just stickers...pretty sure we wouldn't be stuck with any of it.

Don't worry if you hate them, I'm sure they'll change again in two years.

Brohm didn't need any personal branding on Purdue's uniforms to whip PJ in year zero. Wonder if Frost's lawyers have finished negotiating his trademark deal with Nebraska yet?

When Fleck starts winning, all this crap will be forgotten. I can't believe you people are apoplectic over some damn oars. There was a political cartoon in 1858 showing gophers pulling a wagon which led to us being the gopher state and now we have a rodent as our mascot. I don't see anyone complaining about that. Why? Because now it is tradition. If Fleck wins here no one will be bitching about a stupid oar on a helmet. Believe you me.

Kinda bummed that none of my Gopher gear will match team uni's anymore. On the plus side, I own a couple green shirts I can hit up with glitter and the bedazzler in my daughter's craft kit and make that work.

Kinda bummed that none of my Gopher gear will match team uni's anymore. On the plus side, I own a couple green shirts I can hit up with glitter and the bedazzler in my daughter's craft kit and make that work.

That's the point, they want you to buy new gear.

Need a Gold top! That Gold and Anthracite combo is awful. The shiny gold helmet screams Baylor. I like some of the combo possibilities though and I like the white. I even like the oar. The fact that there are 100 or more possible combinations is cool. The Croots love that and it brings good attention to Minnesota football.

Top Bottom