All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

They had story on the 2018 uniforms already, being done by the same guy who did our last redesign..... I'm expecting more meh

They had story on the 2018 uniforms already, being done by the same guy who did our last redesign..... I'm expecting more meh

Last redesign was done by a Minnesotan and former student of mine.
Josh will do a good job. He is very talented and I thought what he did last time was subtle, yet hit the mark with what Coach Kill wanted. I expect he will fulfill Coach Fleck's and players' wishes this time around as well but willl allow for a variety of combinations.

This will not be popular with some, but we are the U of M Gophers.
If we're going to be adding oars/boats to the uniforms in any way other than something subtle like the bricks on the numbers, then we might as well get rid of goldy and change our mascot/nickname to the MN boat rowers. RTB is a slogan. Like ski u mah. It should not be part of the uni design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're going to be adding oars/boats to the uniforms in any way other than something subtle like the bricks on the numbers, then we might as well get rid of goldy and change our mascot/nickname to the MN boat rowers. RTB is a slogan. Like ski u mah. It should not be part of the uni design

I agree with this, except for the slogan part. Ski-U-Mah at least belongs to the U and is as much a part of the Gophers as maroon and gold. RTB is not the U and will leave when Fleck does.

I agree with this, except for the slogan part. Ski-U-Mah at least belongs to the U and is as much a part of the Gophers as maroon and gold. RTB is not the U and will leave when Fleck does.

Should have switched those two sentences as I don't believe RTB should be a part of the uni design. Ski-U-Mah is also a slogan, but it is more of a battle cry that has a history within the U of M.

No gray or black please. Love our current uniforms except the gray ones.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

All the oars, white helmets, black helmets and uniforms would be nice

I trust the young man to come up with a good design. Why would they pick him to do the redesign if he is not capable? At some point you need to trust somebody to do a good job. Too much brand equity riding on this design for Fleck to allow a bad look.

I see oars and the "Row the Boat" slogan, as being borrowed, or rented. Somebody else had it before the Gophers, and if Fleck someday leaves for another job, he will take RTB with him. It's like getting a DVD from redbox. You might like it, but you can't keep it.

Put it on warm-ups, jackets, etc - but NOT on the main uniforms.

I see oars and the "Row the Boat" slogan, as being borrowed, or rented. Somebody else had it before the Gophers, and if Fleck someday leaves for another job, he will take RTB with him. It's like getting a DVD from redbox. You might like it, but you can't keep it.

Put it on warm-ups, jackets, etc - but NOT on the main uniforms.

Hate to disappoint you but RTB is already on helmets for this year and 99.9% will have references to it in next year's uniforms.

Hate to disappoint you but RTB is already on helmets for this year and 99.9% will have references to it in next year's uniforms.

RTB on the helmet, on the front where the mask attaches is fine. Oars as stripes on the helmet or through the M on the side not so much. Anything on the uniforms should be subtle like the bricks. Anything more prominant than that would render the uni's to be like the Wacker era ones with the connecting M's on them - A complete joke and a no-no

He should leave the Uni's alone, but we all knew he wouldn't be able to.

So tired of this mentality. If Fleck wins, why can't he stay here 15, 20+ years like Alvarez or Ferentz? If he was from the south or one of the coasts, I'd get it. But he's from Chicago. If he wins here, he'll have plenty of reasons to stay.

+1

So tired of this mentality. If Fleck wins, why can't he stay here 15, 20+ years like Alvarez or Ferentz? If he was from the south or one of the coasts, I'd get it. But he's from Chicago. If he wins here, he'll have plenty of reasons to stay.

It was bought and brought in from another school. Doesn't matter how long PJF is here it will never become apart of the U of M. Whenever he leaves or retires, the slogan goes away
So, to quote SON, I see oars and the "Row the Boat" slogan, as being borrowed, or rented. Somebody else had it before the Gophers. It's like getting a DVD from redbox. You might like it, but you can't keep it.

Put it on warm-ups, jackets, etc - but NOT on the uniforms.

It was bought and brought in from another school. Doesn't matter how long PJF is here it will never become apart of the U of M. Whenever he leaves or retires, the slogan goes away
So, to quote SON, I see oars and the "Row the Boat" slogan, as being borrowed, or rented. Somebody else had it before the Gophers. It's like getting a DVD from redbox. You might like it, but you can't keep it.

Put it on warm-ups, jackets, etc - but NOT on the uniforms.

Sure you can. We've had 50+ years of losing without it. If that slogan becomes a big part of Minnesota winning B1G titles again, then it does become a part of Minnesota and our new winning tradition.

Sure you can. We've had 50+ years of losing without it. If that slogan becomes a big part of Minnesota winning B1G titles again, <b>then it does become a part of Minnesota</b> and our new winning tradition.

Row The Boat can become part of Minnesota? Oh, Goody.

But Ski U Mah IS part of the helmet now. I would love to see oars on the uniforms. I know what they stand for and I love the new culture.

I don't mind if they use "Row the Boat" as a chant, battle cry, or theme. They can even make posters if they'd like to do that. I do hope it does not find it's way on to official team jerseys, helmets, etc. It will forever be associated with Fleck. Not Western Michigan. Not Minnesota. Therefore please keep it off of team gear.
Someone remind me.....who is the head coach of the University of MINNESOTA football program?

Someone remind me.....who is the head coach of the University of MINNESOTA football program?

PJ Fleck. You should look him up - I have a feeling you would like him.

Row The Boat can become part of Minnesota? Oh, Goody.

Minnesotan's don't row boats or canoes or kayaks anymore? I guess I missed when that part of Minnesota's outdoor life disappeared.

I liked the classic M/G with black shoes uniforms, and had issues with the all Maroon look, the ugly Gold top, and disliked the aversion to the gold pants under Kill on the road, but overall liked the current uniforms. I even liked the Grey ones and learned to tolerate the all white look with the Maroon helmet. The gold helmet grew on me. Having said all that, the Brewster era uniforms were awful.

Moving into the Fleck era, I had no illusions about PJ Fleck not f'ing up the uniforms. After seeing those horrible WMU Oar motif uniforms, there was no doubt he'd F up our uniforms. I will deal with it, if.....

At this point in my life, I no longer care. My dad died without ever seeing another Rose Bowl after his 1961 Senior year at the U of M and he always went into every year up to 2015 with hope. He was gone before the 2016 opener, and I suspect he would not care a bit about the uniforms if the team could just win big and for me at least that means a trip to Indianapolis at the least.

There can be an oar image on the helmet, jersey and pants, plus the shoes if they win, and that is from a guy who is with Patrick Ruesse about the absurdity of all the BS. Winning fixes it all though.

Then again, I though Michigan had the greatest uniforms ever, especially on the road, and then Harbaugh brought back some all white road uniform from the late 60's that I as too young to remember and it looks like crap, so even Michigan can screw up a great uniform. (road Maize pants, white top, classic helmet) So much for my claim that Michigan sticks to one uniform pattern.

Based on his recent wardrobe I'm guessing PJ is pushing hard for a variety of tartan designs- gold, maroon, tops, bottoms. Could even do it on the helmets. Gold jersey with tartan maroon pants would be butch! We're going to do it our way loud and proud.

Starting to sound like people on this thread want to look like Maryland's uniforms.

You don't want that.

Top Bottom