All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

Thumbs up!

I'd assume we're going maroon, white, maroon?

Not Gopher uniform related, but I sure dig those Purdue helmets with the railroad tracks running down the middle.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any guesses when we will get a sneak peak at the new uniforms? Gopher nation is anxiously waiting...

Love all the twitter comments with people begging for no oars on our new uniforms.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any guesses when we will get a sneak peak at the new uniforms? Gopher nation is anxiously waiting...

BURN EVERYTHING! :rolleyes:

Love all the twitter comments with people begging for no oars on our new uniforms.

Gross. Maybe you can get away with crap like that at W Michigan, actually get people around the nation to pay attention to your school for half a second. But at a tradition-rich school like Minnesota? That would be disgusting. Don't do it, please.

I'm not on twitter, but fully support this approach. Let it be known - No Oars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No white pants. ever. for any reason.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that and to a lesser extent, the white helmet, but have to say I was OK with the all white they wore at Oregon State. Could have had more gold somewhere though.

No oars or RTB on the Uniforms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No oars or RTB on the Uniforms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you including the helmets? Because RTB on this year's helmets will definitely happen again next year.

I can also do without oars on the uniform. But if it happens, it happens.

Any indication as to when they are revealing the new uniforms designs?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gross. Maybe you can get away with crap like that at W Michigan, actually get people around the nation to pay attention to your school for half a second. But at a tradition-rich school like Minnesota? That would be disgusting. Don't do it, please.

This sounds like a 70 year old man here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it wins games - wear it! I don't care if it is dia%hea yellow.

What is the correct number of Oars on the new uniforms?

2?
5?
20?
200?

I heard it is going to be the Rowing Emoji all over. Should be pretty Epic.man-rowing-boat.jpg

I think it would be cool if they could do some LED lighting which gave the vision of the rowing emoji at work!

Have done what?

Sorry, should have been more clear. Was responding to MnplsGopher and assumed he was talking about more modern or flashy uniforms. That's what my comment was directed at. Plenty of schools with tons of tradition have done flashy/modern/alternate uniforms, that's what my comment was directed at, not oars specifically.

And for the record, I am just fine with flashy/modern alternate uniforms.

If it absolutely has to be done, then the oars need to be on the alternate uniform, not the main uniforms.

Would it be trollish of me to want lots of Oars on the uniform for the sole reason to see who it upsets most on Gopherhole?

Or is that okay?

Who needs traditions, nicknames, or even school colors?

So long as anonymous internet agents can giggle behind their keyboards, that is what matters.

Who needs traditions, nicknames, or even school colors?

So long as anonymous internet agents can giggle behind their keyboards, that is what matters.

I'm not even sure why I'd find it amusing.

Maybe I need a therapist (again).

......sounds like a 70 year old guy?

Seriously, you are criticizing the opinion of a fair percentage of the fan base who write checks to the athletic department because they don't embrace the simplistic sloganeering of the flavor of the month coach who wants to replace the colors and designs of over a hundred years of tradition with the affected manifestations of his personal mantra of a guy sitting in a boat looking backward! And for CS, they are paddles, not even oars!

Top Bottom