All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

Horrible. Just hideously, hideously ugly. They look like Purdue and Central Michigan's uniforms conceived a baby and this was the abortion that resulted.

Also, metallic gold is not one of our school colors. Nothing like hearkening back to the Wacker era to really rouse enthusiasm for Gopher football.
The helmets look like Notre Dame hockey. And you are right it's not a school color. Might as well have used Detroit Lions silver.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

No Gold Jersey - WTF? the Gold was my favorite jersey. I would have put player names on the back instead of "Minnesota," but otherwise, Gold Jersey for me.

I guess there will be no "gold-outs" at the Bank this year.

I like the Anthracite as an alternate jersey - but the team is the "Golden" Gophers. The mascot is named "Goldy." They should have a Gold jersey.

I also agree with Granite. the helmets are too busy. Lose the bleeping compass.

Agreed. Since when did the compass become apart of the PJ verbiage?

I understand and expected the move to a shiny gold helmet, but don't understand why then there is no similar gold in the jersey or pants.
It looks really stupid when matched with any of the uni's that have the yellow in them.

Actually I do. The metallic Gold looks good. Like the all white uniforms. Wish the Ore down the center was not so big. Was hoping it would just be a small piece added to the helmet. Why do we need to just stick to straight school colors? This is the now and future!

Haha changing our school colors is the now and the future? What the hell does that even mean

Haha changing our school colors is the now and the future? What the hell does that even mean
I hear red and white is what the kids want. Might as well change.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Since when did the compass become apart of the PJ verbiage?

I understand and expected the move to a shiny gold helmet, but don't understand why then there is no similar gold in the jersey or pants.
It looks really stupid when matched with any of the uni's that have the yellow in them.

Um, well it has always been 3rd and final part (The Oar, The Boat, The Compass) of the Row the Boat mantra. So, yea.

Those look amazing! I dig the gold lid. The anthracite is fire.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Big fan of the white and the maroon. Hate the grey, but it could be ok with the grey pants. I don't think these are too busy.

Let's face the facts, in today's world, uniforms play a big part in recruiting. The Gophers simply are not one of the programs that can get by with just traditional "boring" uniforms (Bama, Penn State, USC).

No Gold Jersey - WTF? the Gold was my favorite jersey. I would have put player names on the back instead of "Minnesota," but otherwise, Gold Jersey for me.

I guess there will be no "gold-outs" at the Bank this year.

I like the Anthracite as an alternate jersey - but the team is the "Golden" Gophers. The mascot is named "Goldy." They should have a Gold jersey.

I also agree with Granite. the helmets are too busy. Lose the bleeping compass.

From what I've been told, the MINNESOTA on the back is just for the unveiling. They are supposed to have their actual names on there.

Um, well it has always been 3rd and final part (The Oar, The Boat, The Compass) of the Row the Boat mantra. So, yea.

The RTB mantra has 3-parts? Great, all the PJ slogans have sub- PJ slogans. Super.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RTB mantra has 3-parts? Great, all the PJ slogans have sub- PJ slogans. Super.

It really isn't that difficult to understand. See below:

Not sure what the point of that would be. Unless you want a boat on the helmet?

IF that is the case then why in the He{{ would an oar or compass be placed on the helmet?
Thanks for validating my point that oars, compasses, and boats and slogans shouldn't be on a Gopher Football uniform.

WTF are our school colors anymore? Looks like they are really forcing glitz and slogans onto the uniforms. Fricking HATE the beaver tail paddle on the helmets. Yellow name plate on the white uni’s that you can’t see? Seems way too forced.

IF that is the case then why in the He{{ would an oar or compass be placed on the helmet?
Thanks for validating my point that oars, compasses, and boats and slogans shouldn't be on a Gopher Football uniform.

All I was pointing out was that you had posted about "Since when did the compass become apart of the PJ verbiage?" in post #422 and I provided a video for you about one of the many, many times he has pointed it out.

It really doesn't bother me at all what is on the helmets . Apparently you are a little bent out of shape about it. You're entitled to your opinion.

Here come your Boston College Gophers!!!!!!!!! 189,107 jersey combinations!!!! So many combinations you won't be able to tell who you're watching!!!!!

On the other hand, the "Guess the Uniform Combination" contest before every game is going to be more challenging.............

Gosh, I really didn't know there are 3 parts. Like a Lord of the Rings type trilogy!

All I was pointing out was that you had posted about "Since when did the compass become apart of the PJ verbiage?" in post #422 and I provided a video for you about one of the many, many times he has pointed it out.

It really doesn't bother me at all what is on the helmets . Apparently you are a little bent out of shape about it. You're entitled to your opinion.

Not really bent out of shape, just think it is stupid.

Lots of excitement from current and former players:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lmao @ the people who think it's unfathomable to incorporate a color that "isn't a school color".

Apparently, those who get to wear or did wear the FB uniforms recently are in overwhelmingly in favor of the new look. Those who don't or didn't get to wear them are split. I'll go with those who get to wear or want to wear them. The rest of you old farts get off my lawn! Ski-U-Mah &RTB!!!

I hate the fact that the U can't seem to find a single maroon and stick with it. We have both brown-based and red-based uniforms and for some reason it's ok to vacillate between them from year to year and sport to sport. That violates every common sense rule of branding. I strongly prefer the brown-based version because that's a true maroon and is our school color; these unis have too much red in them. Not a fan of these for that reason alone.

It means we can use all white because that’s what many like these days. Is white a school color? That’s what it means. Many schools are using all white and all black everything.

Apparently, those who get to wear or did wear the FB uniforms recently are in overwhelmingly in favor of the new look. Those who don't or didn't get to wear them are split. I'll go with those who get to wear or want to wear them. The rest of you old farts get off my lawn! Ski-U-Mah &RTB!!!

Is this a scientific poll you did? Do you really think the players that hate them are going to tweet that out and suffer the wrath of PJ?

Top Bottom