All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

Oh, boy. wouldn't be my choice, but so be it. I've dealt with bigger challenges in my life than FB helmets.

Oh, boy. wouldn't be my choice, but so be it. I've dealt with bigger challenges in my life than FB helmets.

Could have been worse. IMO, feels like they are jamming a lotta text onto the helmet. I'm sure this will only be one of multiple looks as well.

I would have preferred the reverse, but its not the end of the world.

Agree. The "Ski-U-Mah" 2x on the back feels repetitive. Also, Row listed on the front 2x is repetitive as well. This whole post is repetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. The "Ski-U-Mah" 2x on the back feels repetitive. Also, Row listed on the front 2x is repetitive as well. This whole post is repetitive.

Ditto...:p: clap:

Could have been worse. IMO, feels like they are jamming a lotta text onto the helmet. I'm sure this will only be one of multiple looks as well.

Hope I can still recognize the team on the TV and when I attend games. Sounds like it is going to be difficult.

Have seen some talk of white helmets making a reappearance this year as well. Think Fleck wants to have 3-4 helmet options and 4-5 jersey colors and pants going forward.

I acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. But, Ski U Mah is way bigger and more important than row the fricking boat. That's not even a U thing (yet), it's PJ's. I'm not one of those already having him move on, but when he does, RTB will have absolutely no meaning at the U. I know the story and get the sentiment. Fine, use it in practice. Don't ignore what's been here for years. Sorry for the rant. Go Gophers!

Have seen some talk of white helmets making a reappearance this year as well. Think Fleck wants to have 3-4 helmet options and 4-5 jersey colors and pants going forward.

I'm definitely in the group who are not fans of the white helmets. Got a source for the bolded part? Not counting any special unis, Gophs currently have 8 jersey/pant combinations...9 if they ever go full banana again.

I hate any printing on the helmet stripe, Ski-U-Mah, Row the Boat or otherwise. I think it makes the helmet look cheap. The only graphics that should be on the helmet are the block M and any achievement stickers on the back.

I'm definitely in the group who are not fans of the white helmets. Got a source for the bolded part? Not counting any special unis, Gophs currently have 8 jersey/pant combinations...9 if they ever go full banana again.
No source just would seem to fit with what he has said and how the uniform combos go along with recruiting. Think a maroon, gold, and white helmet and maybe a black or anthracite. For the jerseys and pants think they will have a maroon, gold, white, and anthracite or black and I guess if you really wanted to you could have 2 different maroon or gold jerseys. Who knows could even see chrome helmets or 1 glossy maroon and 1 matte maroon. Will be interesting to see what Fleck decides for the uniforms going forward.

A little uniform news for this season. I like the anthracite look.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't mind the anthracite uniform I think it makes the gold pop nicely. It could do with a little more maroon though.

Strap in, folks, and prepare for the collective aneurysm from the GH fashion police.

I always felt the anthracite unis were missing a big fat gold oar down the outside of each leg.

The current uniforms look too similar to USC.

I would like to see something that is more easily identifiable as uniquely Minnesota.

As long as the Conference doesn't go to "color block" games, like the NFL does, we should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Having the orange-gold on the helmets not matching the yellow-gold on the jerseys is not elite.

With the changes we're seeing already, I think next years will be elite once Fleck gets a full year with Nike to work on them.

Fleck gives a hint of what's to come:

per Greder:

The variations are expected to continue coach P.J. Fleck’s era at Minnesota — they haven’t revealed what they will wear for Saturday’s Big Ten opener against Maryland — but their style will fall within some parameters.

“I don’t think you’ll ever see anything too wild,” Fleck said Tuesday. “You know, you’re not going to see us get out of school colors and do weird things like that, things that don’t match.

“… In terms of when you start to see alternate uniforms this year, and then in the future, you’re going to see a lot of things maybe you haven’t seen before.”

“I think it’s fun. (It’s) a different era now with the kids with their smartphones,” Fleck said. “They flip, and it’s old news. It’s boring now. ‘What else you got? What is going to stimulate my mind?’ ”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/2...y-when-it-comes-to-gophers-football-uniforms/

Go Gophers!!

I would like to see something that is more easily identifiable as uniquely Minnesota.

We look nothing like USC, Iowa State on the other hand does.

SC and ISU are more red than us. Central Michigan has pretty much the same colors as us. Our unis are just fine. The block M is very identifiable as Minnesota.

White helmets this week with a Solute To Service theme. Just a heads up for all the arguing about the white lids coming back.

I think that's a very nice gesture.

Here is the tweet embedded:

It looks like the maroon helmets have gold “Flecks” on them!
RTB Ski-U-Mah 〽️

Top Bottom