All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

I wrote that getting PJ would be too good to be true, but I have zero faith in his fashion sense. The current Uni's are great.

No oars. No metallic anything. Please. Look at the schools with the most consistent and traditional approaches to their uniforms. I bet they are at or near the top both in recruiting and merchandise sales. The current uniforms are great. If we want to add another one or do some tweaking, great. But don't go full-on New Coke. It's not needed for anything other than ego stroking.

No oars. No metallic anything. Please. Look at the schools with the most consistent and traditional approaches to their uniforms. I bet they are at or near the top both in recruiting and merchandise sales. The current uniforms are great. If we want to add another one or do some tweaking, great. But don't go full-on New Coke. It's not needed for anything other than ego stroking.

You contradict yourself. The Gopher uniforms basically date to Mason (who wanted to copy USC). Michigan's uniforms go back to the 40s if not earlier. So, yes, they have been consistent. But you are saying ours are great because we haven't been consistent. Which is it?

I agree, but ask the kids (recruits) and they love the Ducks uniforms. The kids want multiple offerings and the uniforms make a difference in recruiting.

Nope. Untrue. It's been proven through science things. The uniforms are only for the fans so we like them and we can recognize our team on the TV. :rolleyes:

You contradict yourself. The Gopher uniforms basically date to Mason (who wanted to copy USC). Michigan's uniforms go back to the 40s if not earlier. So, yes, they have been consistent. But you are saying ours are great because we haven't been consistent. Which is it?

Pull up a picture of MB Jr circa 1980. Other than Wacker, the uni's have been pretty consistently MMG (home) MWG (away), with some variations, over the past 35-40 years.

Don't want to see any oars on our uniforms. If they are subtle like the bricks on the jersey numbers, or as award decals on the helmets, that would be ok, but anything more than that would be stupid. Like the use of Ski-U-Mah on the helmet. Keep the Block M on the helmet.
Not fond of the metallic gold, but a Metallic Maroon helmet with a goldy head on it might look cool with the right alternate type jersey.
I like our uni's now, but a few minor adjustments would be ok. Having 3 different colored jerseys, 3 different colored pants is plenty and you could have 3 different colored helmets. That gives them 27 different combinations to use in a season. Add in one alternate uni combo to be worn once a year and call it great, I mean ELITE.
Ski-U-Mah

Pull up a picture of MB Jr circa 1980. Other than Wacker, the uni's have been pretty consistently MMG (home) MWG (away), with some variations, over the past 35-40 years.

This combo is still great and roll out a throwback uni from the 60's once a year. I am guessing we might see a large Gopher head on the helmet to shake it up. I am sure Nike's graphic artists are reading Gopher Hole right now hoping to pick up new ideas for designs.

Because Western Michigan's uniforms looked like Oregons... I'd bet the new uniforms will look a lot like ours right now with a few more combinations and some minor details.

If you think this, you weren't paying attention to what Fleck did at WMU.

What I think doesn't matter, I guess, but whatever works. I do, however, think it is a horrible idea to incorporate oars into the uniforms. That is all about Fleck, and I get the sentiment is important to his culture, but the uniforms represent the school, not the coach.

I believe the current uniforms are simple and classy. They have a traditional feel to them even if they aren't complete replica throwbacks from the past. My point is, there are many extremely successful programs that don't have their teams running around looking like Christmas trees. I will not do a comprehensive analysis of past Gopher uniforms to support my position.

I believe the current uniforms are simple and classy. They have a traditional feel to them even if they aren't complete replica throwbacks from the past. My point is, there are many extremely successful programs that don't have their teams running around looking like Christmas trees. I will not do a comprehensive analysis of past Gopher uniforms to support my position.

Agree. No problem with occasional throwback or special game type uni's mixed in. I would also point out that although Mich home uni's have been pretty consistent over the years, they've had quite a few different looks to their away uni's.

I would also point out that although Mich home uni's have been pretty consistent over the years, they've had quite a few different looks to their away uni's.

I guess they aren't the successful program they think they are, then.

Prediction - the more games the Gophers win, the less talk there will be about uniforms. If they win the B1G title, or win a Rose Bowl, they can wear gunny sacks for all I care.

Talk is talk...
Let's see' em!

Does this look like a guy who will stick with old school Uniforms and minimal changes? Pj is young and knows everything helps in recruiting including the uniforms. For some of you old school guys on here go into a Nike store and see what most 17-21 Males want to buy. That should give you an idea of what he should be going for in the new Unis.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's my SOX IN A BOX! http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl-digital-short-d-in-a-box/3505985?snl=1

Also against the Wacker Uni's, but also don't want us to be Oregon.

Much like the other threads that tell us we can't discuss what the thread is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't think you should be discussing this. The first rule of GH is you never discuss GH.

Say What?

Yeah, why can't we just stick with one look like these teams, who have worn the same uniform every Sunday for decades.....

nlAAs6.jpg

sVxHUN.jpg

Dumb. They wear the same uniforms 11 of 12 weeks almost, and break those out once a year - at most. If the U did that, I'd think it would be fine. That provides a balance of tradition, with something to get excited about once a year - love them or hate them each time. Just don't change each week like Oregon, or go totally ugly like Maryland.

If you think this, you weren't paying attention to what Fleck did at WMU.

What I think doesn't matter, I guess, but whatever works. I do, however, think it is a horrible idea to incorporate oars into the uniforms. That is all about Fleck, and I get the sentiment is important to his culture, but the uniforms represent the school, not the coach.

Agree 100%

Secret meetings about our secret new uniforms!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The current tops are great, the pants however are absolutely atrocious. Needs a strip or two, otherwise looking like JV practice pants

I looked it up Josh Iverson was involved in our last uniform design too.... so not sure we're gonna get a revolution here.

The current tops are great, the pants however are absolutely atrocious. Needs a strip or two, otherwise looking like JV practice pants

More so for the white pants, which look awful. I wouldn't mind doing away with those forever, but I also wouldn't mind if they add some piping to all the pants either.

I trust PJF as much as anyone to remake our football team, build buzz, and take the program to heights unseen in the modern era.

I don't trust him one iota to show the type of restrained aesthetic sensibilities (ex. the current set) most of us would like to see in a uniform design. We're going to get something over the top and cheesy and we all know it.

Top Bottom