All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

Here is a color comparison:

j6VzWsh.png

The first combination is the colors defined by the University. The next is "Metallic Gold" with Maroon. The last is Gold with Maroon.

Quite frankly I like the colors we have, and I think our uniforms should match them. The metallic gold looks too brown, and the regular gold is even more yellow than what we have.

j6VzWsh.png

The first combination is the colors defined by the University. The next is "Metallic Gold" with Maroon. The last is Gold with Maroon.

Quite frankly I like the colors we have, and I think our uniforms should match them. The metallic gold looks too brown, and the regular gold is even more yellow than what we have.

Agreed on the metallic. In some light it is gonna look like wyoming or something... thanks for the colors.

j6VzWsh.png

Great Post.
We fixed the Metallic mistake in the past - let's not repeat it. If it ain't broke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Exactly. The RGB mix for the color "Gold" is 255,15,0 and the color "Sunglow" is 225, 205, 51. Different colors.

If Sunglow isn't a shade of gold, feel free to correct the Wikipedia article.

If Sunglow isn't a shade of gold, feel free to correct the Wikipedia article.

There is a color called gold, there is a color called sunglow. They are different colors. Usually you're the one taking the hard stance based on minutia and details, funny that you would abandon that in this particular argument.

There is a color called gold, there is a color called sunglow. They are different colors. Usually you're the one taking the hard stance based on minutia and details, funny that you would abandon that in this particular argument.

Damn - I like this color thread. The only thing that could make it better if we had some off colored jokes to go with it!

There are also things called subsets. Sunglow is a shade of gold.

As you can see above though, the color "gold" is even yellower than what we currently have which is what people were debating in the first place.

There are also things called subsets. Sunglow is a shade of gold.

Right. Next thing you'll be telling me is that there are different shades of gray.../s.

It's too bad that Brewster wasn't able to instill his "get your Daggam Chili Hot" culture in Minnesota by putting a chili pepper on the uniform, or a smoking can-o-chili on the uniform. Hormel $ Opportunity missed. Now making up for lost time with Fleck.

I always preferred the metallic look. But I won't cry if we continue to use sunglow yellow.

It's too bad that Brewster wasn't able to instill his "get your Daggam Chili Hot" culture in Minnesota by putting a chili pepper on the uniform, or a smoking can-o-chili on the uniform. Hormel $ Opportunity missed. Now making up for lost time with Fleck.

"Change " is certainly tough for some people. In your case the comment is ridiculously stupid, and shows you don't know the history of "Row the Boat " Herky or Becky.

So Rodney and Steve stated what their favorite unis were and not that they chose MN based on unis? OK.

Rodney may be right that they impact recruiting - but I find that idea sad. And, if true, not sure oars will have the impact hoped for.

Jonathan Celestin, Steven Richardson, and Rodney Smith talk about their first year under new head coach P.J. Fleck.

Gophers Preview 2017 Season
http://video.btn.com/gophers-preview-2017-season

Right. Next thing you'll be telling me is that there are different shades of gray.../s.

I heard there is a book about that so it must be true. Now, if somebody says there are different shades of black I call B.S.

j6VzWsh.png

+1. Outside of a few years with the football team, over the years, uniform colors of all the teams at the U have been consistently close to the defined M&G colors IMHO.

"Change " is certainly tough for some people. In your case the comment is ridiculously stupid, and shows you don't know the history of "Row the Boat " Herky or Becky.

Tell me about the history of Row the Boat at Minnesota. I thought there wasn't one. W.MI doesn't count.

I always preferred the metallic look. But I won't cry if we continue to use sunglow yellow.
To each their own. I hated the metallic. Wasn't Wacker the only one that ever used metallic? I don't think I have ever seen it in any era of any gopher sport other than Wacker. We are not Notre Dame.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

To each their own. I hated the metallic. Wasn't Wacker the only one that ever used metallic? I don't think I have ever seen it in any era of any gopher sport other than Wacker. We are not Notre Dame.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Word

Sorry if the has already been asked,but can anyone tell me are we going to see helmet stickers?I know WMU had the oar stickers,is PJ bringing them here?

Sorry if the has already been asked,but can anyone tell me are we going to see helmet stickers?I know WMU had the oar stickers,is PJ bringing them here?

It sounded as if he was going to when he spoke with BTN crew @ B1G Media Days. He said they'd be small.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom