All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

I trust PJF as much as anyone to remake our football team, build buzz, and take the program to heights unseen in the modern era.

I don't trust him one iota to show the type of restrained aesthetic sensibilities (ex. the current set) most of us would like to see in a uniform design. We're going to get something over the top and cheesy and we all know it.

Again, if we win and start beating Wisconsin on the regular, who honestly gives a sh!t?

Again, if we win and start beating Wisconsin on the regular, who honestly gives a sh!t?

I do. Because tasteful uniforms and winning are not mutually exclusive. In fact, most winning teams (including Wisconsin) keep it pretty steady and traditional on uniforms, with the odd Pro Combat game in there. If I thought crazy uniforms would help win games, sure. I'm not sure there's a choice to be made between winning and aesthetics.

Why can't we have both? Settling for mediocrity again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the white pants, especially with gold helmet, gold jersey, and white pants

FWIW, watched the Gopher SB team win the B1G Tournament finals. They were wearing Anthracite uniforms. Looked pretty good, too.

I trust PJF as much as anyone to remake our football team, build buzz, and take the program to heights unseen in the modern era.

I don't trust him one iota to show the type of restrained aesthetic sensibilities (ex. the current set) most of us would like to see in a uniform design. We're going to get something over the top and cheesy and we all know it.

I actually liked the WMU uniforms

FWIW, watched the Gopher SB team win the B1G Tournament finals. They were wearing Anthracite uniforms. Looked pretty good, too.

I respectfully disagree. We are the GOLDEN Gophers and our school colors are MAROON and GOLD. Wearing GRAY uniforms when playing Ohio State, whose school colors are Scarlet and GRAY makes no sense.

I'm not advocating that the Gophs wear anthracite all the time. I just like them as an alternate - for special occasions. Just guessing, but the SB team played 3 games in 2 days. The anthracites may have been the only clean unis left. (I suppose they could have sent a student manager to the laundromat with a buttload of quarters.....)

2018 uniforms

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but PJF mentioned yesterday during a BTN interview that the Gophers are working with Nike to create uniforms that are "incredibly special, and a game-changer in the apparel world" Made it sound like that they would incorporate the "Row the Boat" theme. He mentioned that there wasn't enough time to get them done for 2017, but they would use some stickers here or there this season.

Tie in with Nike's elite line?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I don't mind if they use "Row the Boat" as a chant, battle cry, or theme. They can even make posters if they'd like to do that. I do hope it does not find it's way on to official team jerseys, helmets, etc. It will forever be associated with Fleck. Not Western Michigan. Not Minnesota. Therefore please keep it off of team gear.

I don't mind if they use "Row the Boat" as a chant, battle cry, or theme. They can even make posters if they'd like to do that. I do hope it does not find it's way on to official team jerseys, helmets, etc. It will forever be associated with Fleck. Not Western Michigan. Not Minnesota. Therefore please keep it off of team gear.

Well, it's already on Polo's that student-athletes on the football team worn to various engagements. It is going to be included on the Jerseys/helmets/shirts/warm-ups, pretty much everything that has something to do with Gopher Football under the sun, so I'd suggest you get used to it.

It is going to bring, or already has brought, national attention to our football program. I see no problem with it.

I agree. It starts to feel like the Nike Swoosh, Adidas Stripes, or the UA. It isn't part of the school, but an add on. And like those additions, I think we will see a lot of it as it is a marketing tool.

I'm sure they will be horrendous. So sad after what we currently have.

Top Bottom