All Things 2018 New Gopher Uniforms Thread!

I wouldn't mind some changes for special games. Maybe using a different gold shade like metallic, or having different Goldy designs on the helmet, maybe a classic Goldy logo could be fun. As long as we stick with the maroon and gold colors I think it's all good. As for oars, I wouldn't want them to be prominent, but if they did some small patches, maybe on the shoulders/arms, it could work.

I've been hearing that "we'll be seeing new uniforms in 10 days", for 2 weeks plus now... That's some good marketing hype.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've been hearing that "we'll be seeing new uniforms in 10 days", for 2 weeks plus now... That's some good marketing hype.

It's so you have plenty of time to get your sock tethers in place.

At this point, I'd hold off until the start of march. Like tease the uniforms and whatever and then after unveiling them, give details about Spring practice/Spring game in addition. IDK, I can imagine that might get the more casual fan excited for the spring game.

Overall I think they're fantastic! Still not a huge fan of the metallic gold helmet, but it's growing on me a bit.

I count one "oar" on the three different options.

Looks like the maroon is more red like a historic marooon.
The anthracite appears a lighter grey.

EDIT: there is gold pants

I think they look good.

I don't see any huge-huge changes.

I like the new uniforms from the first look. However the constant inconsistencies in the shades of maroon and gold among different sports uniforms and licensed apparel and merchandise remain a source of irritation. Can the U of M ever get our colors figured out and then stay with it across the board? The lack of a consistent visual identity is more than annoying. It doesn’t build the brand well.

From the Gopher Sports article:

The new uniforms were unveiled to the team at an early 6 a.m. meeting today with Gopher alums Dom Barber, Marqueis Gray and Maxx Williams donning the new Nike threads.

I'm sure the reactions of those three seeing the uniforms for the first time, and the team seeing them will be in that reactions page I posted.

Also from the gopher sports article:

Fans can get their first glimpse of Minnesota's new uniforms at tonight's 7 p.m. women's basketball game at Williams Arena against Indiana and at tomorrow's 8 p.m. men's basketball home game against Iowa.

Anyone going to either of those games? Could get some good up close photos of the new uniforms.

Hideous! They abandoned our yellow-gold almost completely. Everything is white and grey. They look like the 92-93 Wacker uniforms. I hate the oars, but they might be the smallest problem I have with these. We lost our colors!
1583828_orig.jpg

Count again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The oars don't even look like oars. They look like the little wooden spoons that you get with a malt cup.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

The oars don't even look like oars. They look like the little wooden spoons that you get with a malt cup.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

At least they are discrete. FtF didn't even notice it down the middle of the helmet.

The color scheme with the gold pants and grey top is hideous. The oars on the helmet are ridiculous. I don't like the metallic gold lids. No gold jersey? I actually like the white which I never would have guessed.

All-In-All what I expected from PJ. I'm sure the kids like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minnesota will have more than 100 possible uniform combinations next season, but will stay true to tradition. The Gophers introduced three new jerseys (Maroon, White and Anthracite), three helmets (Maroon, White and Gold) and four pairs of pants (Maroon, White, Gold and Anthracite) to choose from next season in addition to an ever-changing array of shoes, socks, facemasks and other accoutrements.

100s of options!!?!?!???!?

Heads exploding in Gopher Nation today.

Calm down.

Horrible. Just hideously, hideously ugly. They look like Purdue and Central Michigan's uniforms conceived a baby and this was the abortion that resulted.

Also, metallic gold is not one of our school colors. Nothing like hearkening back to the Wacker era to really rouse enthusiasm for Gopher football.

Horrible. Just hideously, hideously ugly. They look like Purdue and Central Michigan's uniforms conceived a baby and this was the abortion that resulted.

Also, metallic gold is not one of our school colors. Nothing like hearkening back to the Wacker era to really rouse enthusiasm for Gopher football.

Haha. Pretty much.

I really struggle to believe that anyone honestly thinks those look good.

Agreed. They look like high school uniforms. Leave the chrome domes to Notre Dame.

Haha. Pretty much.

I really struggle to believe that anyone honestly thinks those look good.

Actually I do. The metallic Gold looks good. Like the all white uniforms. Wish the Ore down the center was not so big. Was hoping it would just be a small piece added to the helmet. Why do we need to just stick to straight school colors? This is the now and future!

Clank - a good idea hitting the post. Maybe a mixed metaphor, but so are the new unis. Is this Minnesota, Notre Dame, Western Michigan..... what is that a beaver tail on the helmets?

I agree with some that the white on white with the maroon lid is the slickest looking (so they'll look impressive on the road on BTN). All-maroon isn't bad either. Metallic gold - well at least there's some gold back in the package. The anthracite in this combo looks off-green - just awful! Count the symbols/slogans - Ski-U-Mah, Row, a compass, Block M, a piece of an oar ... NASCAR calling!

No Gold Jersey - WTF? the Gold was my favorite jersey. I would have put player names on the back instead of "Minnesota," but otherwise, Gold Jersey for me.

I guess there will be no "gold-outs" at the Bank this year.

I like the Anthracite as an alternate jersey - but the team is the "Golden" Gophers. The mascot is named "Goldy." They should have a Gold jersey.

I also agree with Granite. the helmets are too busy. Lose the bleeping compass.

Wow. Very underwhelming.
At first glance I thought the paddle was a gopher tail,until I noticed the woodgrain.
Well at least we still have cutting edge Head Coach shoes to look forward to every game day.

Top Bottom