The Linemen center is not going to be built

Anyone see the Seinfeld episode where George is teased for eating shrimp and he keeps coming up with things afterwards that he "should have said". It reminds me of the GH poster who must edit 50% of his posts with additions after the initial post because he comes up with other things he thinks he "should have said". George's additions were never very clever either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(1) That wasn't English.

(2) No, you think it wouldn't have helped because PJ signed off on it being removed. It's okay to admit it. You've put your life into his hands.

Ha ha. Are you trying to get personal? You keep calling me a fake lawyer, so I'll take that as a compliment. Do you care to make a wager on whether or not I'm a real attorney? We can bet $500. When I win, I'll donate it to the charity of GH's choice. If you win, you'll finally be able to get English lessons or a keyboard with a working comma. Let me guess, you don't want to?

1. I think it was English sadly. I don't really care about grammar when I'm typing on smartphone but anything to make you feel superior is great.

2. I actually have Fleck shrine that I pray to everynight, you figured me out darn.

Nah, I don't want any fake lawyers donating money they don't have.

Anyone see the Seinfeld episode where George is teased for eating shrimp and he keeps coming up with things afterwards that he "should have said". It reminds me of the GH poster who must edit 50% of his posts with additions after the initial post because he comes up with other things he thinks he "should have said". George's additions were never very clever either.

It's actually to edit words that my smartphone decides to change. Fat finger syndrome.

1. I think it was English sadly. I don't really care about grammar when I'm typing on smartphone but anything to make you feel superior is great.

2. I actually have Fleck shrine that I pray to everynight, you figured me out darn.

If only you were joking...

I believe November 10th was the last time I posted anything he didn't reply on. Your theory would involve way too much work for me to execute.

That's exactly what someone who would be doing that would say!

Does a lineman center bring in revenue to the program?

People are way too limited in looking at the vision for expansion of TCF Bank Stadium. It's about an attempt to bring added revenue into the program. Why is that such a bad thing?

Do 30,000 empty seats?

Yeah my opinion on the lineman center definently has something to do with the coach and definently not how no one else in the country has one. And definently nothing to do with this not being funded. Your constant dedication to try to put fans onto teams on GH is the funniest thing on GH. Your closeted boyfriend was fired time to move on.
If we were the only program in the country that had a lineman center, that would be a recruiting advantage when going after lineman recruits! That is until other programs started adding them as well

If we were the only program in the country that had a lineman center, that would be a recruiting advantage when going after lineman recruits! That is until other programs started adding them as well

I don't agree with this, it's simply more practice space.

You're right, having nice things that no one else has NEVER helps. It's terrible.

How will not having something no one else has hurt us? Are linemen going to say "I'm not going to Minnesota because they don't have a lineman center"?

So having something no one else has wouldn't sway a recruit?

I think I'm done debating a hypothetical lineman center that's not being built. Agree to disagree

This is not a criticism of your views, because I actually do enjoy a lot of the back-and-forth on GH. However, despite what you claim, you really should care more about grammar and syntax and punctuation. Your words carry far less weight when they're arranged in a steaming pile of gibberish. I always tell my teenage son that if he sounds like a fool he'll be taken for a fool, even if what he's saying isn't foolish.

Do 30,000 empty seats?
Who said anything about them being empty? Do you really think they'd expand if there wasn't a need? He wants to build the fan base to a point where a stadium expansion is necessary, but apparently GopherHole doesn't want to see the University of Minnesota football program have a larger fan base so they can be proven right about PJ Fleck.

Would Minnesota not having something no one else has sway a recruit to sign with another program?

Way to not answer the question and then throw out a new question.

Recruiting is all about selling the program over other programs. Having something unique would enhance a schools ability to sell their program.

Who said anything about them being empty? Do you really think they'd expand if there wasn't a need? He wants to build the fan base to a point where a stadium expansion is necessary, but apparently GopherHole doesn't want to see the University of Minnesota football program have a larger fan base so they can be proven right about PJ Fleck.

Lighten up Francis.

Who said anything about them being empty? Do you really think they'd expand if there wasn't a need? He wants to build the fan base to a point where a stadium expansion is necessary, but <b>apparently GopherHole doesn't want to see the University of Minnesota football program have a larger fan base so they can be proven right about PJ Fleck.</b>

This part really needs to be bolded. I'd hate for all those PJ haters on here to somehow miss it.

Does a lineman center bring in revenue to the program?

People are way too limited in looking at the vision for expansion of TCF Bank Stadium. It's about an attempt to bring added revenue into the program. Why is that such a bad thing?

Does an Athletes Village bring in revenue??? wtf? Limited vision? We sold roughly 23,000 non student season tix and roughly 7,000 student tix for a total of 30,000... TCF holds 50,805. There are 20,000 more seats to fill.
We may have sold 600 more or something? Talk of expanding TCF right now is plain stupid. At Kalamazoo PJ increased average attendance by 6,000 people in 4 years. He was still 6,000 people short of selling out a 30,000 seat stadium. Talk of expansion is silly until we have some demand.

A Linemen Center could easily have a shed roof at the end of the new facility. It only has to be like 30 or 40 feet deep, with a reasonable ceiling height. It does not have to cost very much money. It's an easy design. But the emphasis of the dedicated work space and the potential impact could be a difference maker. Tell me PJ couldn't use that to convince 5 star linemen to come to Minnesota? Tell me our coaches are not capable of producing NFL caliber linemen. Tell me linemen are not important. Now who has limited vision? I thought recruiting was the most important thing??? I believe I heard that...

Honest question- do other D1 teams have dedicated workout areas for linemen? They may not call it a "lineman center," but considering the specific nature of linemen drills and techniques, I would not be surprised if other teams have designated specific areas of their workout facility for linemen - just as they might have designated specific areas for running backs or WR's.

It's a matter of emphasis. If I said the U of M feels they need to improve their o-line and d-line play, and were creating a designated workout area for intensive line drills, would anyone on here say "that's a terrible idea," or "we don't need better line play."

This whole pissing match is because the linemen center was proposed by Claeys, and nixed by Fleck.

If Fleck had asked for a linemen center, I maintain that we would be having the exact same argument in reverse. Johnny and Josh would be praising the idea, and Spoof would be making snide comments about it.

Here's a suggestion. I'm dead serious. Let's shut down Gopher Hole until the start of fall practice. Take the site dark. This pointless bickering is becoming more pathetic every day.

Honest question- do other D1 teams have dedicated workout areas for linemen? They may not call it a "lineman center," but considering the specific nature of linemen drills and techniques, I would not be surprised if other teams have designated specific areas of their workout facility for linemen - just as they might have designated specific areas for running backs or WR's.

It's a matter of emphasis. If I said the U of M feels they need to improve their o-line and d-line play, and were creating a designated workout area for intensive line drills, would anyone on here say "that's a terrible idea," or "we don't need better line play."

This whole pissing match is because the linemen center was proposed by Claeys, and nixed by Fleck.

If Fleck had asked for a linemen center, I maintain that we would be having the exact same argument in reverse. Johnny and Josh would be praising the idea, and Spoof would be making snide comments about it.

Here's a suggestion. I'm dead serious. Let's shut down Gopher Hole until the start of fall practice. Take the site dark. This pointless bickering is becoming more pathetic every day.

To be fair, I was already making snide comments about it. If anyone took post #2 as being serious, you need to turn off the sarcasm filter.

Or we could just stay on topic as much as possible. It's literally a half dozen people choosing to have pissing matches. It only takes one or two of them to ignore the goading and end the back and forth.

On the lineman center, I think the question of what is going to happen to GN center now is germane... Anyone know the plan?

Fleck doesn't want to win if he doesn't want good linemen. I think it is obvious he is a plant by the academic elitists at the U to once and for all destroy Gopher athletics and turn us into a larger version of the U of Chicago. The elimination of the linemen center is just his first step.

What's the plan for the Gibson-Nagurski complex? That would seem suitable for blocking drills and other linemen activities while the rest of the team practices in the new indoor facility.

Q Will the old indoor facility for football still be used?

A It’s very heavily used, in the wintertime we have teams in there from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday night. Football moving into their own facility is going to help that. … The long-range plan for our facilities is to eventually improve that facility as well. It’s not going to happen right away. Money is tight, but our long-range goal is to be able to not only improve the indoor facility but reuse the old Gibson-Nagurski building for different units in sports to move into. Then we’re going to use areas that are being vacated in Bierman for other teams and different things within the athletic department, as well.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...thletes-village-facilities-project/421538983/

I don't believe they have them in their indoor facilities, but Claeys' belief was that the other schools all could still go outside and use the equipment year-round because they don't live in Antarctica.

Fleck doesn't want to win if he doesn't want good linemen. I think it is obvious he is a plant by the academic elitists at the U to once and for all destroy Gopher athletics and turn us into a larger version of the U of Chicago. The elimination of the linemen center is just his first step.

Now you sound like those passionate about politics. If your a Dem this is your point of view now regarding the country. If you were a Republican the last 8 years this was your view regarding the country. Yet inexplicably we still have a country.

The fan base here will never support an 80,000 seat stadium on a consistent basis (which is the only basis for expanding). That's not a slight against the program, it's just the truth.

Top Bottom