The Linemen center is not going to be built

What is a "lineman center"? Is it like extra yards to the practice facility in a different building? Does anyone else in the country have a "lineman center"? Sounds gimmicky like slides in a practice facility.

This. It seems like they should be able to do what they need with existing and newly constructed facilities.

Just a thought here - but maybe the previous staff and the new staff use different types of drills and practice methods for their OL drills. So, the previous staff saw the separate facility as a priority, but the new staff does not.

I've seen this posted a few times and I'm wondering why people think this? I've heard some say they think he wants to be a head coach? He's in his mid 50s and has never been a head coach, why would he go that route now?

Retirement fund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought here - but maybe the previous staff and the new staff use different types of drills and practice methods for their OL drills. So, the previous staff saw the separate facility as a priority, but the new staff does not.

Agree but what about the next and the next and the next staff and probably the last staff??? lol

Does a lineman center bring in revenue to the program?

People are way too limited in looking at the vision for expansion of TCF Bank Stadium. It's about an attempt to bring added revenue into the program. Why is that such a bad thing?

If we get better OL play, that will in turn make a better team leading to more wins and then more fan interest, which will bring in more revenue.

Expanding TCF is not a Field of Dreams scenario.

If we get better OL play, that will in turn make a better team leading to more wins and then more fan interest, which will bring in more revenue.

Expanding TCF is not a Field of Dreams scenario.

For some reason I don't think a "lineman center" is going to make better lineman. That would come down to coaching and recruits. They going to do some super special drills with extra space?

For some reason I don't think a "lineman center" is going to make better lineman. That would come down to coaching and recruits. They going to do some super special drills with extra space?

Wouldn't a benefit of a dedicated area just for lineman be in getting better recruits?

Wouldn't a benefit of a dedicated area just for lineman be in getting better recruits?

I doubt it because I don't think a recruit is going to choose Minnesota because they have a gimmicky "lineman center".

Exactly. A dedicated place for the specialized equipment is a major benefit. Another benefit is being away from the noise, the ability to hear the coaches teaching. The linemen already have their own designated areas outside. I assume those areas will remain?
I get it's a money thing, but very surprised PJ doesn't see a benefit. Not to mention the value of the linemen center in recruiting and in tangible proof to the linemen that they really are the foundation of our success. Not agreeing with PJ's vision on this one. Pick your battles PJ. I believe we need a linemen center way before we need 30,000 more seats.

Considering Fleck had more offensive linemen drafted into the NFL in the last 2 years than our last 3 coaches combined, I'll trust his judgement.

From what I can tell, there aren't "lineman centers" across the country at other programs. Claeys thought it was a necessity because it's too cold outside to use sleds and other equipment in the winter, so he wanted another half-field addition to the practice facility to allow room for the OL and DL to use for individual work.

I doubt a lineman will turn down Minnesota because the state-of-the-art facility doesn't have an extra half-field. It maybe would be better than not having one, but not having one doesn't put us behind in the facilities arms-race.

What's the plan for the Gibson-Nagurski complex? That would seem suitable for blocking drills and other linemen activities while the rest of the team practices in the new indoor facility.

I doubt it because I don't think a recruit is going to choose Minnesota because they have a gimmicky "lineman center".

While I fail to see what a "lineman center" can produce- who knows about recruits. Kids frequently came to Oregon over other top schools for the gear/uniforms etc

We can all agree that lineman are important, maybe the previous staff was trying to offer a unique experience for the smartest guys on the field. An environment not offered by any other school in the nation might be appealing and bring us some talent that we typically might not get.

Yeah, if there are two things we know they are:

(1) Any recruit that PJF lands will hate gimmicks; and
(2) The Athletes Village won't help with recruiting, it's completely unrelated.

While I fail to see what a "lineman center" can produce- who knows about recruits. Kids frequently came to Oregon over other top schools for the gear/uniforms etc

Johnnyboy does. Despite being told for years about how important Athletes Village would be for recruiting, different aspects of it will have zero impact on recruiting. It makes sense if you're uncomfortably in love with anything and everything our head coach stands for.

Yeah, if there are two things we know they are:

(1) Any recruit that PJF lands will hate gimmicks; and
(2) The Athletes Village won't help with recruiting, it's completely unrelated.

Did I say this somewhere or????

Johnnyboy does. Despite being told for years about how important Athletes Village would be for recruiting, different aspects of it will have zero impact on recruiting. It makes sense if you're uncomfortably in love with anything and everything our head coach stands for.

Still talking about being in love with other men I see like I said get therapy. I'm sure every program in the country has a lineman center because of how important and non gimmicky they are.

Not reported is the money for the lineman center has been reallocated for spring break trips to Amsterdam.

Still talking about being in love with other men I see like I said get therapy. I'm sure every program in the country has a lineman center because of how important and non gimmicky they are.

That was a great first sentence. It was clear and concise!

I never said that the lineman center was important. I was more just laughing at you and your blind loyalty for PJ. It's really the funniest thing on Gopherhole.

That was a great first sentence. It was clear and concise!

I never said that the lineman center was important. I was more just laughing at you and your blind loyalty for PJ. It's really the funniest thing on Gopherhole.

Yeah my opinion on the lineman center definently has something to do with the coach and definently not how no one else in the country has one. And definently nothing to do with this not being funded. Your constant dedication to try to put fans onto teams on GH is the funniest thing on GH. Your closeted boyfriend was fired time to move on.

Did I say this somewhere or????

(1) I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the fact that you worship all things PJ Fleck but then have the audacity to call a lineman center gimmicky. I like PJ but I would guess even his biggest fans would admit there is an element of "gimmick" to his bit. I don't expect you to feel that way, you're not a PJ fan, you're obsessed with the man. But, I was just laughing at your hypocritical nonsense.

(2) You implied that the lineman center - - - you know that thing that was part of Athletes Village - - - would not have had any impact on recruiting. If you believe Athletes Village will be a boon for our recruiting, then logic follows that the lineman center would have helped in recruiting lineman. I know, I know, you hate logic. So if Athletes Village was going to help us with recruiting, I think the previous poster had a point that it will help us slightly less after removing the lineman center.

I'm still not sure how to tell what wins matter and which don't. I'll never figure out which 3-star recruits are better than other 3-star recruits or when team rankings matter and when they don't. Now, for the life of me I don't know how I'll ever understand which parts of the athletic village are important and which are just gimmicks put in place by the old staff. Football used to be simple.

(1) I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the fact that you worship all things PJ Fleck but then have the audacity to call a lineman center gimmicky. I like PJ but I would guess even his biggest fans would admit there is an element of "gimmick" to his bit. I don't expect you to feel that way, you're not a PJ fan, you're obsessed with the man. But, I was just laughing at your hypocritical nonsense.

(2) You implied that the lineman center - - - you know that thing that was part of Athletes Village - - - would not have had any impact on recruiting. If you believe Athletes Village will be a boon for our recruiting, then logic follows that the lineman center would have helped in recruiting lineman. I know, I know, you hate logic. So if Athletes Village was going to help us with recruiting, I think the previous poster had a point that it will help us slightly less after removing the lineman center.

1. Like I said the only one obsessed with anything here is you trying to put people you disagree with on teams on who likes Fleck more all because your boyfriend was fired.

2. You know the lineman center that wasn't funded and no one else in the country has wouldn't have had any impact on the country because I think it's gimmicky. I know you're a fake lawyer on the internet and all but I think you're smart enough to recognize the need to upgrade facilities and not for a lineman center. At least I hope you are but who knows.

Yeah my opinion on the lineman center definently has something to do with the coach and definently not how no one else in the country has one. And definently nothing to do with this not being funded. Your constant dedication to try to put fans onto teams on GH is the funniest thing on GH. Your closeted boyfriend was fired time to move on.

You're right, having nice things that no one else has NEVER helps. It's terrible.

You need to figure out when to use a period and when to use a comma.

"Your constant dedication to try to put on fans onto teams on GH is the funniest thing on GH." That sentence has absolutely no meaning. It literally is like a a dog ate the post you were trying to type and crapped it out. Regardless of what you tried to type, it was wrong. Your obsession with PJ Fleck is the funniest thing on GH. You're the Carl Gerbschmidt of Gopherhole. The sad thing is that he's fake. I really hope you're just a bit, because if so, you're the best troll in the world.

"My closeted boyfriend was fired time to move on." Again, commas, please use commas. Wow. But anywho, that was a fresh diss son! I get it, I call it our obsession with PJ and you say that I am dating Tracy Claeys. I get it. You're funny. I've been a Gopher fan before Claeys and I am still a Gopher fan. I know that you can't wrap your head around the fact that I totally support PJ, I am a huge Gopher football fan and I wasn't even that big of a Claeys fan. I know it helps you accept your delusion to think that everyone that disagrees with you is as obsessed with a coach as you are, but it's just not the way the world works. I liked Kill, I was so-so on Claeys and I like PJ. You're an obsessed weirdo, so I just like laughing at you and pointing out your hypocritical bastardization of logic.

I'm still not sure how to tell what wins matter and which don't. I'll never figure out which 3-star recruits are better than other 3-star recruits or when team rankings matter and when they don't. Now, for the life of me I don't know how I'll ever understand which parts of the athletic village are important and which are just gimmicks put in place by the old staff. Football used to be simple.

Rivalry wins aren't important because why would they when we can beat Rutgers by two points?

Recruiting rankings don't matter ever and neither do quality of recruits. 3 stars definently don't have rankings assigned to them that differentiate from each other.

Indoor practice facilities to keep up with the rest of the P5 are important but a lineman center so our lineman don't have to move a sled or shoot is probably the most monumental addition to the facility I can't imagine how anyone could practice without it.

1. Like I said the only one obsessed with anything here is you trying to put people you disagree with on teams on who like Fleck more all because your boyfriend was fired.

2. You know the lineman center that wasn't funded and no one else in the country has wouldn't have had any impact on the country because I think it's gimmicky. I know you're a fake lawyer on the internet and all but I think you're smart enough to recognize the need to upgrade facilities and not for a lineman center. At least I hope you are but who knows.

(1) That wasn't English.

(2) No, you think it wouldn't have helped because PJ signed off on it being removed. It's okay to admit it. You've put your life into his hands.

Ha ha. Are you trying to get personal? You keep calling me a fake lawyer, so I'll take that as a compliment. Do you care to make a wager on whether or not I'm a real attorney? We can bet $500. When I win, I'll donate it to the charity of GH's choice. If you win, you'll finally be able to get English lessons or a keyboard with a working comma. Let me guess, you don't want to?

Rivalry wins aren't important because why would they when we can beat Rutgers by two points?

Recruiting rankings don't matter ever and neither do quality of recruits. 3 stars definently don't have rankings assigned to them that differentiate from each other.

Indoor practice facilities to keep up with the rest of the P5 are important but a lineman center so our don't have to move a sled or shoot is probably the most monumental addition to the facility I can't imagine how anyone could practice without it.

No one ever argued what you are (attempting) to type.

(1) Rivalry wins matter way more than non-rivalry wins. However, they all still matter.
(2) Quality of recruits absolutely matters. Team recruiting rankings before signing day, not so much.
(3) I think I can somewhat decipher this idiotic mess. No one ever argued that it was really important. One poster had the audacity to wonder if it would impact (in any way) the recruiting of offensive lineman. It seems to be a legit question.

Let's turn all this hostility & hate towards Wisconsin!!!!

Top Bottom