Where in the world is Curtis Loyd?

A couple of weeks ago Curtis Loyd was named associate head coach at Chicago State:

Chicago State Athletics announced today Curtis Loyd has been named associate head coach on Cougars women's basketball head coach Tiffany Sardin's staff.

"The very first thing I want to say is how proud I am of Tiffany Sardin," Loyd said. "To have an opportunity to be a part of the start of her head coaching career is truly an honor. I am committed from day one to coach Sardin's vision and will use my experience to help enhance our women's basketball program."

Loyd joins the Cougars following two years as head coach at Colorado State University-Pueblo, where he compiled a two-year record of 41-20 (.672) and, in his first season at the helm, led the ThunderWolves to the program's first-ever Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference regular season title and RMAC tournament championship in the same year.

"Coach Loyd and I have a history that goes all the way back to my college days'" Sardin said. "He is someone I've always trusted and had great respect for as a coach. I am most excited to add his level of experience to our program. His gregarious personality and winning background will be a tremendous asset to what we are building at CSU. I can't wait for us to learn from each other and grow the current and future women of our program."

Prior to his time in Pueblo, Loyd was head coach of the women's basketball team at Louisiana State University Shreveport of the NAIA where he led the Pilots to a 22-10 record and a program-record 15 conference wins and the program's first-ever Red River Athletic Conference Tournament Championship. He was named RRAC Coach of the Year in his only season with the Pilots.

Loyd previously coached at Indiana University (2014-16) where he helped the Hoosiers to a 36-28 record over two seasons. In his second year with the Hoosiers, Loyd helped them to an NCAA Tournament appearance and first round victory over the University of Georgia.
Before joining the Hoosiers, Loyd spent four seasons (2010-14) as the associate head women's basketball coach at the University of Minnesota where the Golden Gophers improved from a 13-win team in 2010-11 to a 22-win team in 2013-14.

Top Bottom