Brian Ferentz

Your link is to a pay site...

Try this instead. http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2017/05/04/brian-ferentz-rampages-against-recruiting-rivals-hawk-central-podcast/310493001/

“What has sped things up (in recruiting) in our state, especially, is the guys in Ames and then the new guys in Minneapolis seem to have no problem really throwing early things out,” Ferentz, 34, said, referring to scholarship offers. “And what I’ve learned – certainly about the guys in Ames, and I think we’ll find this about the guys in Minneapolis — what does an offer really mean? I can tell you this much: If the University of Iowa offers you a scholarship and you commit to us, we intend to sign you.

“I think you have to look no further than in-state, to see there were a lot of offers in the 2018 class that went out very early out of Ames. And I’m not sure all those guys were able to commit to them if they wanted to, because some of those guys have since gone other places.”

Sounds like PJ has him running scared...

Try this instead. http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2017/05/04/brian-ferentz-rampages-against-recruiting-rivals-hawk-central-podcast/310493001/

“What has sped things up (in recruiting) in our state, especially, is the guys in Ames and then the new guys in Minneapolis seem to have no problem really throwing early things out,” Ferentz, 34, said, referring to scholarship offers. “And what I’ve learned – certainly about the guys in Ames, and I think we’ll find this about the guys in Minneapolis — what does an offer really mean? I can tell you this much: If the University of Iowa offers you a scholarship and you commit to us, we intend to sign you.

“I think you have to look no further than in-state, to see there were a lot of offers in the 2018 class that went out very early out of Ames. And I’m not sure all those guys were able to commit to them if they wanted to, because some of those guys have since gone other places.”

I don't think there's enough of a track record to really make that claim about Fleck. He certainly is putting a lot of early offers out. I would assume pretty much every team offers more players than they have room for because you assume not all will say "yes".

Sounds like he is a little salty about dealing with JP and co ;)

xLTDVt9.gif

Sounds like people in IA City are getting butthurt they are losing some recruiting battles they aren't used to.

This is funny. Very funny. And doesn't look great for Iowa

Baby Boy might want to have an actual example or two of a past recruiting offer dished out by Fleck that was not or not firmly intended to be honored.

Without that, it is no more that wimping and whining.

Looks like Iowa intends to sign 93 players this class.

I guess to be fair, only Northwestern has offered fewer players. However, even at 204 offers, the Gophers offers are in line with the rest of the conference. Most other B1G teams are in the ~150-250 range.

Looks like Iowa intends to sign 93 players this class.
That was my immediate thought as well. Doesn't make those 93 offers "non-commitable". Just means that the first to commit might remove the offer from another.

Another example of why their fan base is filled with a bunch on crybabies! It starts at the top! I'm grateful Fleck focuses on being positive and controlling the things he can control.

I mean, besides coaching for the Patriots for three seasons.
He got the NE Patriots assistant, then full assistant coaching TEs, b/c his daddy is buddies with Belichik. Ferentz sr worked with Belichik in Cleveland.
Brian Ferentz has had opportunities most coaches would never be given b/c of connections.
He appears to be an arrogant tool.
How about this? You coach your team the way you want, others will coach theirs, and STHU.

Don't really care. I knew he was an assistant coach but if you asked me yesterday what Kirk's sons name is I wouldn't of known.

Is this Bulletin Board Material? Oh boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't want to run too hard during this marathon so those of you that are out-working me up ahead, please slow down so I can catch up."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close your eyes and who do you hear? If that ain't a chip off the old block.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/198767974" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen>

Next thing you know he'll be complaining about negative recruiting.....

So does this mean he misses the slow play recruiting style of the old staff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He got the NE Patriots assistant, then full assistant coaching TEs, b/c his daddy is buddies with Belichik. Ferentz sr worked with Belichik in Cleveland.
Brian Ferentz has had opportunities most coaches would never be given b/c of connections.
How about this? You coach your team the way you want, others will coach theirs, and STHU.

Let me guess, you're not even mad, just find it funny?

#NeverForget

Go Gophers!!

Just whip their asses in IC this weekend.

Top Bottom