CEDRIC THOMPSON

Bisker82

Death From Above
Reaction score
Article in the PP:

The Vikings have cut former Gophers safety Cedric Thompson, a source confirmed Wednesday night.

Thompson had two stints last season on the Vikings’ practice squad. He signed a futures deal with the team in January.

The Vikings selected defensive back Jack Tocho in the seventh round of last week’s draft. Although Tocho played cornerback at North Carolina State, Minnesota will look at him as a safety.

Thompson was taken in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL draft by Miami. He also has spent time with New England, but never has appeared in an NFL regular-season game.

NFL Media first reported the Vikings were letting Thompson go.

The Vikings had 80 players on the roster before agreeing to terms with 13 rookie free agents on Monday. If all 13 sign deals, Minnesota will need to make a total of three moves by Friday’s start of a rookie minicamp to be at the offseason roster limit of 90.

Bummer, was hoping Cedric would develop in to a nice player for the Vikes.

fifth rounders usually find their way onto an active roster and at least appear in a regular season game at some point, don't they? I know that is not necessarily the case for seventh rounders, but it seems like 5th rounders at least get a brief shot. Bummer. Always like to see my Gophers succeed at the next level.

This is really disappointing. I hope he gets signed by another team.

Cedric's reaction to getting cut:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E_NnJa6qwHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EG, thanks for sharing that. This is the side of playing football at a high level that people don't often have insight on. I'm sad for CT, but as his gf or wife said, this is reality for most players trying to make the NFL. However it turns out, I'm sure we all wish much happiness for CT, a very good young man.

EG, thanks for sharing that. This is the side of playing football at a high level that people don't often have insight on. I'm sad for CT, but as his gf or wife said, this is reality for most players trying to make the NFL. However it turns out, I'm sure we all wish much happiness for CT, a very good young man.

Best of luck to Cedric and his family. Loved watching him play for the Gophs. Great attitude, I hope he gets a chance to catch on with another club.

Was my favorite Gopher from the moment he joined the team. Good Luck Cedric..

Was my favorite Gopher from the moment he joined the team. Good Luck Cedric..

Same here.

I remember watching the Bombay Beach documentary before he was even on the Gophers radar and thinking to myself "I hope that kid makes it in life". To get where he was at to where he is now is pretty incredible and I have no doubt that he will be continue to be successful in whatever avenues he takes in the future.

Same here.

I remember watching the Bombay Beach documentary before he was even on the Gophers radar and thinking to myself "I hope that kid makes it in life". To get where he was at to where he is now is pretty incredible and I have no doubt that he will be continue to be successful in whatever avenues he takes in the future.

Same thing for me.

I admire him so much - one of my very favorite Gophers. Poor Charlotte and the pregnancy hormones. I hope another team picks him up. He's also one that would be awesome to have working with the Gophers. Best wishes to them both.

Top Bottom