Young Alumni Gopher Tickets

GoldenAle

Reaction score
The ticket office sent out an e-mail today and I noticed a change: young alumni are now 5 years or less after graduation instead of 3.

My football season ticket group and I all graduated in 2013. We made use of the young alumni pricing in the 2013, 2014, and 2015 seasons. In 2016 we paid full price, including scholarship seating. I renewed earlier this year. We paid our full price and scholarship amounts.

I called the ticket office today to see if they can just go back and convert our seats to the young alumni pricing (saving us $440 in total) since we are still in the 5 year window. I was told I could convert my seat and a "guest" seat to the young alumni pricing (saving us $220). However, if everyone wanted to do it I would have to break a part all the tickets and would not receive a refund for the $600 of scholarship seating dollars. The real kicker is my friends would receive the young alumni pricing on the seat, but would then AGAIN have to pay the scholarship pricing (which would be incremental $40 - $110 seat savings + $150 of scholarship expense)!

In summary, I applaud the athletic department for extending the young alumni window and offering more sporting events, but it is ridiculous I am "penalized" for already purchasing tickets. :p

You bought in early at a higher price and the item went on sale afterward. Unless your willing to pay the difference in the case that they increased ticket prices after you bought, then you shouldn't feel jilted about not getting the deal you could have had if you had waited. Just because there are 90 day price guarantees on Amazon doesn't mean that applies to the entire world.

Be happy they are making an effort to fill the stadium which will improve your overall experience and increase the value of what you purchased.

That's weird, they should have had a better policy in place after changing the years.

You bought in early at a higher price and the item went on sale afterward. Unless your willing to pay the difference in the case that they increased ticket prices after you bought, then you shouldn't feel jilted about not getting the deal you could have had if you had waited. Just because there are 90 day price guarantees on Amazon doesn't mean that applies to the entire world.

Be happy they are making an effort to fill the stadium which will improve your overall experience and increase the value of what you purchased.

You're right that they CAN do what they did, but it doesn't change that it's bad customer service. As much as people are paying for tickets and as bad as they need season ticket holders, customers should get more of a Nordstrom experience rather than the Walmart experience.

The ticket office sent out an e-mail today and I noticed a change: young alumni are now 5 years or less after graduation instead of 3.

My football season ticket group and I all graduated in 2013. We made use of the young alumni pricing in the 2013, 2014, and 2015 seasons. In 2016 we paid full price, including scholarship seating. I renewed earlier this year. We paid our full price and scholarship amounts.

I called the ticket office today to see if they can just go back and convert our seats to the young alumni pricing (saving us $440 in total) since we are still in the 5 year window. I was told I could convert my seat and a "guest" seat to the young alumni pricing (saving us $220). However, if everyone wanted to do it I would have to break a part all the tickets and would not receive a refund for the $600 of scholarship seating dollars. The real kicker is my friends would receive the young alumni pricing on the seat, but would then AGAIN have to pay the scholarship pricing (which would be incremental $40 - $110 seat savings + $150 of scholarship expense)!

In summary, I applaud the athletic department for extending the young alumni window and offering more sporting events, but it is ridiculous I am "penalized" for already purchasing tickets. :p

It wasn't just that they didn't think it through ahead of time, it's probably because it's part of a last minute scramble to sell tickets.

They must really be worried about selling Season Tickets this season.

It wasn't just that they didn't think it through ahead of time, it's probably because it's part of a last minute scramble to sell tickets.

They must really be worried about selling Season Tickets this season.

You can buy lower level tickets below row 20 without a scholarship donation or gopher points at the moment.

I'm psyched they extended that deal to 5 years. May get season tickets this year now.

Below row 20 as in closer? How is that possible before seat adjustments for season ticket holders

I don't know how it's possible but I just bought row 15 this afternoon when they expanded the new alumni offer.
I should specify that these are bleacher seats.

I don't know how it's possible but I just bought row 15 this afternoon when they expanded the new alumni offer.
I should specify that these are bleacher seats.

I might have read that wrong. If it is young alumni season tickets I dont mind. Pack the stadium full. If it is single game tickets then I wouldnt be happy. Sorry Im working too much overtime I guess.

GoldenAle, I think I'd continue to talk to people in the ticket office until they come up with a better answer.

You're right that they CAN do what they did, but it doesn't change that it's bad customer service. As much as people are paying for tickets and as bad as they need season ticket holders, customers should get more of a Nordstrom experience rather than the Walmart experience.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but in a normal situation where I want pricing guarantee, someone else buying later doesn't improve what i have. If the U is sitting on marketing programs that will help fill the stadium, and the decision has to be to implement the program with no retroactive discount or not implement the program, I'd rather have them do something rather than nothing. It isn't really any different than buying single game tickets right away for one price and then finding out later it would have been cheaper to get 2 packs.

It is kind of odd to ask for a refund on a donation though (which is _technically_ what you did, you donated money). You would think that they could at least apply it to next year or something though.

Wait, so you're telling me I didn't have to pay the donation these last three years? Oops...

Kinda weird seat adjustment isn't even rolling yet (well soon) and they're selling other stuff into those seats.

It is kind of odd to ask for a refund on a donation though (which is _technically_ what you did, you donated money). You would think that they could at least apply it to next year or something though.

I think you mean "donation".

Saw ads on this deal on Twitter and Facebook today, so looks like they are getting the word out. This has to be by far the most cost effective advertising for that target market. $0 spent advertising, and will probably get a ton of interest.

Saw ads on this deal on Twitter and Facebook today, so looks like they are getting the word out. This has to be by far the most cost effective advertising for that target market. $0 spent advertising, and will probably get a ton of interest.

More importantly, a demographic they seem to lack... young folks.

That type of Customer Service is a great way to turn a potential 50 year season ticket holder into a 4 year season ticket holder.

Top Bottom