Who is the Softball MVP

Who is the Sofball MVP

• Sarah Groenewegen

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Kendyl Lindaman

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Someone else (but who else can it be?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Had to give it to Sara. She's just so good, you can tell the ladies love playing behind her. With that said, Lindaman has been incredible. Really looking forward to seeing her continue to develop in coming years.

Sarah probably will get MVP, but Kendyl's .430/.581/.914 might end up being the best stat line not to win a team's MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah G for MVP. Kendyl L for MEP (Most Exciting Player).

One thing that might get overlooked with Lindaman, because of her big bat, is her defense. Last year it was 27 out of 35 in base stealing against the Gophers with 6 errors by LeMay. This year, so far, it is 18 out of 28, with 5 errors. Passed balls have went from 3 on LeMay to 6 for Lindaman. (I thought LeMay. was a really a good defensive catcher.)

A Lindaman vs Groenewegen article.
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/050417aac.html

The most interesting thing for me is that when it comes to asking this question, Kendyl is probably squarely in the conversation for conference player of the year and here we are debating whether she is even the MVP of the team. Goes to show what kind of season the ladies have put together. :D

I'll go with the Joe Kapp version. The whole team is MVP in my mind.

The most interesting thing for me is that when it comes to asking this question, Kendyl is probably squarely in the conversation for conference player of the year and here we are debating whether she is even the MVP of the team. Goes to show what kind of season the ladies have put together. :D

That''s one of the reasons I put up the poll.

Plus, on most team, a season that Sydney Dwyer is having would have some MVP discussion. With the Gophers, she would probably rank #4 (Behind Sara, Kendyl, and Maddie Houlihan).

That''s one of the reasons I put up the poll.

Plus, on most team, a season that Sydney Dwyer is having would have some MVP discussion. With the Gophers, she would probably rank #4 (Behind Sara, Kendyl, and Maddie Houlihan).

To that point, it'll be interesting to see how many end up on being on the all-conference teams. Figure on Sara, Kendyl, Maddie, and Sydney at least on the first team with Dani, Sam, Nel and maybe Allie possibly making second-team.

Edit: Kendyl was just named Big 10 Freshman and Player of the Year. Sara is Pitcher of the Year while Allie Arneson, Nel Parlich, Maddie Houlihan were also first team selections. Dani Wagner, Syd Dwyer and Sam Macken each made second-team. Coach Allister, naturally, was Big 10 Coach of the Year.

Top Bottom