Remember this was Kills first class

Rog

Reaction score
and back then he had little time and MN history to put together a class that will match his future classes. Wait til the class 2 years from now, when we can hold our heads higher.

and a side note, and will get better then that in future years.

What does this even mean?

Kill inherited a huge mess and not much time to recruit during his first year. As Rog indicates, Kill's class in two years will do better in the draft.

Kill's first class is no longer in college.

EDIT: oh I understand now. Talking about the NFL draft. Gotcha.

Travis, Leidner, Pirsig were the class of 2012. Myrick 2013. Jerry's first class was 2011 and those guys are all long gone. Point remains though. The recruiting improved over the years culminating in the 2016 class which was only very slightly lower-ranked than where Fleck's 2018 class currently sits. The star power of the 2017 class was also lower than the 2016 class.

The 2014 class isn't any better. There's only a handful of players left from that class that are either still on the team or that have been productive.

The 2014 class isn't any better. There's only a handful of players left from that class that are either still on the team or that have been productive.

I count at least 8 players that are starters or actively contribute from 2014. A handful is 5 or less. There are others that could still potentially develop into contributors. Do you have an agenda?

Define actively? Playing a few games as a backup? 5 starters that are healthy, 6 if Lingen returns. 5 starters out of 22 is good? Even 8 of 22 is bad. It's just reality.

I'm scratching my head. You don't think Lingen, Poock, etc were quality players when healthy? There are a few that project to get heavy playing time (Moore, Weyler). We have multiple other guys that are just becoming upperclassmen and have a chance to contribute. Their story has not been written yet. Did you just start watching football?

I count at least 8 players that are starters or actively contribute from 2014. A handful is 5 or less. There are others that could still potentially develop into contributors. Do you have an agenda?

Define actively? Playing a few games as a backup? 5 starters that are healthy, 6 if Lingen returns. 5 starters out of 22 is good? Even 8 of 22 is bad. It's just reality.

I'm scratching my head. You don't think Lingen, Poock, etc were quality players when healthy? There are a few that project to get heavy playing time (Moore, Weyler). We have multiple other guys that are just becoming upperclassmen and have a chance to contribute. Their story has not been written yet. Did you just start watching football?

I counted Lingen and Poock, missed Weyler. Moore played in 4 games last year. You didn't answer my question. Even if I give you 8 players, you think 8 out of 22 is good? Who are the other ones? Holland, Gentry, and Williams? Two WRs who can't get on the field and a 4th string LB? Give me a break.

Mayes, Elmore didn't like Fleck's style.

Gentry, Gibson, Holland, Williams could still find a way to contribute.

Do you think every class will have 22 starters?

Mayes, Elmore didn't like Fleck's style.

Gentry, Gibson, Holland, Williams could still find a way to contribute.

Do you think every class will have 22 starters?

Mayes and Elmore are gone and won't help this year's team. No I don't think every class should have 22 starters. They are going to need to have more than 5 or 6 if we are going to win the West.

Top Bottom