Jalen Myrick cries when selected by Jacksonville in NFL draft - Twincities.com

Iceland12

Reaction score
“I’m just happy,” Myrick told the Pioneer Press as his voice cracked. “I didn’t care when or where it was. I just need an opportunity. That is all I need to go out there and show my abilities.”

Myrick, who posted 4.28-second time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine in March, admitted it was a long wait. Before the draft, he heard from a few teams that the longest he would have to wait to be picked was the fifth round.

“Yeah, it was real long,” Myrick admitted...

“I’m coing in there to do everything, literally,” Myrick said. “Nickel, corner, special teams, kick return, punt return, everything. I’m coming in there to do all of that.”

Myrick’s selection continued the Gophers’ run of having a defensive back selected in each of the last four NFL drafts. He joins Eric Murray to the Chiefs in 2016, Cedric Thomspson to the Dophins in 2015 and Brock Vereen to the Bears in 2014.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/2...myrick-selected-by-jacksonville-in-nfl-draft/

Congratulations & good luck to Jaylen!

I think he was the only defensive player selected by Jacksonville. Their defense is stacked and he will add speed. He will also benefit from the weather and taxes.

Good luck young man! Follow Murray and BBC...make the squad and play your first year, you have the talent!

I'm hoping that this guy makes it and I've got to think he'll hang on for a few years.

Top Bottom