Shooter: Gophers spring game drew 5,000 fans, only 3,000 fewer than wisconsin

That's not as close as you'd like everyone to believe, Shooter.

It's a spring game. Use your heads, folks.

They need to get attendance to Spring games right. Very important stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Largest Spring Game attendance was Lou Holtz's first year. I remember they did a Thermo- Serv. Mug promotion with an insert of the Dome and an inscription that said " Fill'er Up" You know Minnesotans, give them something free and they'll show up in droves. It was an actual game and Holtz had it as Minneapolis vs St.Paul in regards to the teams. The players held a draft and the game was really hyped. They drew close to 50,000. It was the best of times as far as interest in Gopher Football statewide.I had friends buy season tickets who had never attended a Gopher Football game. Of course the balloon busted when Holtz left and the Luther Darvell situation surfaced with the cash payments to the players.

It seems like there were more than 5,000 people in attendance.

I don't believe Shooter actually wrote this seeing as it wasn't led by the phrase "Don't be surprised..."

I'd say there were 8,500-11,000 in attendance. Believe it or don't.

That seems right because we just about filled completely the entire lower level of the "visitor's" section, most of the student section, and the "temporary" seating under billboard. We did lost a good bunch of the crowd at the declared half-time.

We left with five minutes left on the clock 4th quarter to get a head start for Surly's.

Top Bottom