Athlon's: Iowa, Northwestern or Nebraska: Which Team is the Biggest Threat to UW

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

The balance of power in the Big Ten clearly resides in the East Division, as Wisconsin is expected to be the only preseason top 25 team from the West. The Badgers are a heavy favorite to win the division crown in 2017, with Nebraska, Northwestern and Iowa vying for the next couple of spots. While Wisconsin is an easy pick at the top of the division, it's a close call for the second spot with the Cornhuskers, Wildcats and Hawkeyes locked into a tight battle.

The Cornhuskers improved their win total from six to nine last year but open 2017 with a new quarterback (Tanner Lee) and a transition on defense. The Wildcats finished below Iowa and Nebraska in the final standings last season and must find a new go-to- receiver to replace Austin Carr. Iowa has a tough schedule in 2017 and lost standouts Desmond King (CB), LeShun Daniels (RB), quarterback C.J. Beathard and defensive tackle Jaleel Johnson.

The 2017 season is still a few months away, but it’s never too early to analyze the upcoming year. Athlon’s editors and writers will debate some of college football’s top offseason questions until the release of its top 25 in May.

Iowa, Northwestern or Nebraska: Which Team is the Biggest Threat to Wisconsin in 2017?

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...aska-which-team-biggest-threat-wisconsin-2017

Go Gophers!!

Wisconsin is loaded, but I don't think they've a QB. Hornibrook ( sp?) doesn't impress me. Not the strongest arm especially the deep sideline pass. He floats the ball a lot of the times. Really no capable backup. "Sheriff Bart" is gone.

Wisconsin is loaded, but I don't think they've a QB. Hornibrook ( sp?) doesn't impress me. Not the strongest arm especially the deep sideline pass. He floats the ball a lot of the times. Really no capable backup. "Sheriff Bart" is gone.

They're arguably the favorite, but they graduated few good players and TJ Watt left for draft early.

It's not like they're Bama

Athlon's own rundown of the teams they mention indicates their lack of deductive reasoning.

Oh look, Athlon hating on Minnesota, again, in every article. Yet we keep posting bullsnot from Athlon.
Which is clearly ran by a vadger alum.

Anytime a team is hyped and an obvious pick to win, inevitably you can count on them losing. Not sure who will win the west, but I now know it won't be Sconny.

Top Bottom