Athlon's says Gophers have easiest schedule in Big Ten

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon's ranking of every Big Ten schedule:

14. Minnesota
Non-Con: Buffalo, at Oregon State, Middle Tennessee
Big Ten Home: Maryland, Michigan State, Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin
Big Ten Road: Purdue, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern

P.J. Fleck sure seems to have picked a good season to take on the Minnesota job. The non-conference schedule is far from imposing, the Big Ten schedule avoids games against Ohio State and Penn State, and the Golden Gophers get both Nebraska and Wisconsin at home in November. Back-to-back road games at Iowa and Michigan are not to be forgotten, but Minnesota has a seemingly favorable schedule for Year 1 of the Fleck era.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-toughest-college-football-schedules-2017

Go Gophers!!

I am glad that the only exposure I will ever get to "Athlon" will be from links here at Gopherhole. The two discussions today are specific in NOT mentioning the Gophers as a contender in the weaker of the two divisions, and another where the Gopher schedule is listed as being the easiest among all 14 B1G schools. To be a non-contender AND have the weakest schedule - clearly this will be a very bad Gopher team according to Athlon. Maybe it is my homer genes clouding my memory but it seems Athlon has similar opinions about Gopher football every year.

This kind of knee-jerk "journalism" is what we can continue to expect until the Gophers win the division.

Hmm. I've been told here repeatedly that we will be lucky to make a bowl game this fall because our schedule is so difficult. Weird.

Athlon is a digital rag.

I am glad that the only exposure I will ever get to "Athlon" will be from links here at Gopherhole. The two discussions today are specific in NOT mentioning the Gophers as a contender in the weaker of the two divisions, and another where the Gopher schedule is listed as being the easiest among all 14 B1G schools. To be a non-contender AND have the weakest schedule - clearly this will be a very bad Gopher team according to Athlon. Maybe it is my homer genes clouding my memory but it seems Athlon has similar opinions about Gopher football every year.

+1 Schnauzer.....

And yet, whether the Gophers face a hard schedule, easy schedule, or the entire rest of the West is loaded or rebuilding - Athlon will have the Gophers picked 5 of 7.

Looks like another * next to the win total this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom