TDW: You Could Buy Eric Decker’s House In Georgia For Not That Much Money

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Daily Want:

Do you want to own NFL star’s house? Well, now you can, because Eric Decker’s house in Acworth, GA, which he shares with his wife Jesse James Decker, is now on the market and it is surprisingly affordable. For only — ONLY! — $1.45 million, you can own this 10,000 sq ft, cedar and stone mansion that was built in 2006. What a steal!

The house features oversized rooms, hardwood flooring, fireplaces, a chef’s kitchen with new appliances, as well as a second kitchen specifically for catering. The home also has a wine cellar, a four-car garage, and a boat door. Basically it has more than enough room to store all your booze and manly toys.

Speaking of manly things: LAND. This house has plenty of land. It sits on over an acre of land and it overlooks a golf course in the Governor’s Towne Club community. For $1.45 million, you couldn’t possibly ask for more.

eric-decker-jessie-james-decker-acworth-ga-exterior-768x512.jpg

https://thedailywant.com/eric-deckers-house-georgia/

Go Gophers!!

That is one of the most "blah" McMansions I have ever seen

Generally speaking I think that is what the "McMansion" name was initially intended to indicate. Just a large house taking up a lot of space without any particularly interesting style or architectural interest. But yeah that's kinda that house.

Generally speaking I think that is what the "McMansion" name was initially intended to indicate. Just a large house taking up a lot of space without any particularly interesting style or architectural interest. But yeah that's kinda that house.

Agreed but some of them are quite nice and bright (compare to Fleck's house posted a while back- much nicer). This house has a huge lot that backs onto a golf course but doesn't really do much with it.

Relevant background for potential Minnesota buyers is that Lake Lanier is probably less than 30 minutes to an hour away.

This is an Army Corps administered reservoir that is Atlanta's equivalent of Lake Minnetonka.

I don't think you can have an Acworth address and be on Lanier...but there's also Lake Allatoona (another reservoir) that's not as nice as Lanier but hey...it's lakefront.

Actually it's a timber-frame house, if your tastes don't run towards that throwback style, you won't like it. It has all the amenities and finish of a true mansion, to me a 'mcmansion" is just an oversized regular house. It fits very well were it's located and should sell relatively easily for it's price range.

As far as big suburban houses go this one looks pretty nice.
Why did they have a place in Georgia? Cold Spring is where it's at.

Couldn't pay me enough to live in Georgia. Nice house though!

McMansion is typically between 3,000-4,000 sq ft and located on a small suburban lot. This house would be considered a mansion. 10,000 sq ft is a dang large house and that is on a big lot.

Also, homes are very cheap in Georgia, that is why many people live there. You can get a LOT of house, for not much.

This is about as close to Maroon and Gold as you can (semi) tastefully make a house...good to see Decker still repping, even in Georgia.

Couldn't pay me enough to live in Georgia. Nice house though!

Agreed. The one time I went to Atlanta it was like walking through a damn Sauna it all times. You couldn't pay me enough to live or work there. Imagine those poor people who have to dress like zombies in full makeup during the Atlanta summer(TWD films there). No amount of sweet tea could convince me to come back.

I don't think we are in any position to rip on someone else's weather

I don't think we are in any position to rip on someone else's weather

I personally find the cold wayyy easier to deal with than an extreme and humid heat. With cold you can bundle up and its not bad but other than a Tank and shorts what can you do in extremely humid weather. I can handle being outside on a super cold day all day for a Gophs game (including tailgate) put me down in the same situation in Georgia 90-95 F and id likely call it quits after the third.

I personally find the cold wayyy easier to deal with than an extreme and humid heat. With cold you can bundle up and its not bad but other than a Tank and shorts what can you do in extremely humid weather. I can handle being outside on a super cold day all day for a Gophs game (including tailgate) put me down in the same situation in Georgia 90-95 F and id likely call it quits after the third.

True, but when it gets hot and muggy, just go to the lake!

When it is cold here in the winter, I bundle up and only go outside when I have to. I am sure people in the south only go outside when they have to on the very hot days.

When it is cold here in the winter, I bundle up and only go outside when I have to. I am sure people in the south only go outside when they have to on the very hot days.

I've explained it like this: Minnesota winters you go from your heated house, to your heated car to your heated office. It's the same in the south just switch winter with summer, and heat with AC. Having lived in both climates now for several years, I enjoyed the milder summers of Minnesota, and miss all the winter sports and other activities cold weather and snow brought with it. I even miss shoveling for some reason.

McMansion is typically between 3,000-4,000 sq ft and located on a small suburban lot. This house would be considered a mansion. 10,000 sq ft is a dang large house and that is on a big lot.

Also, homes are very cheap in Georgia, that is why many people live there. You can get a LOT of house, for not much.

Quite true; plus it is a bit warmer in the winter here. I live in Acworth. Acworth is 45 minutes from downtown with lots of trees, lakes, etc. I don't live in that subdivision but it is where I play golf. The subdivision is very diverse. There are homes that are much more spectacular than Eric's and there are homes that are much more conservative. My next door neighbor used to build in there and still owns a lot I believe. He built a home for a professional golfer that was amazing, about 9 or 10 years ago. When the subdivision first opened, it was $50,000 to join the country club. A few years later it went to $25,000. Now you can pretty much join for virtually no joining fee and you can even play without joining. When the recession hit in 2008, it hit the high-end suburban market heavily and it has not really recovered. Homes purchased 10 to 12 years ago cannot realize what they paid for their home back then, in most cases. If you look on Zillow you will see that this house sold for a little bit more then the current asking price, back in 2006. Eric apparently bought it in 2016 for over $100,000 less than he is selling it for now. It also appears that 6 months after he listed it he put it on the market for $150,000 more then the current asking price, and has been reducing it ever since.

Im talking strictly about being out in the elements. I understand there is AC but what if I wanna go to a music festival or something? Rather have it be a nice MN summer than be out in the GA sweatbox.

Im talking strictly about being out in the elements. I understand there is AC but what if I wanna go to a music festival or something? Rather have it be a nice MN summer than be out in the GA sweatbox.

Atlanta is really not that muggy compared to coastal regions, although it can certainly get there at times, as can Minneapolis. What it does lack is the vicious Minnesota state bird. We have some mosquito, but nothing like our cabin in Cross Lake.

There is no comparison when it comes to quality of life comparing the city of Atlanta to Minneapolis. Atlanta had no plan and the founding fathers had no vision of what it has become today. For example riding a bicycle in Atlanta requires a certification from a psychiatrist that you legally insane. I really miss the running and bike trails that we have in Minneapolis. Culturally we do have the High Museum and the Fox theater, but Minneapolis is way ahead with things like the Guthrie. Comparing urban universities; my son went to Georgia Tech which obviously is highly rated school. It is really a small urban campus and nothing compared to what the UofM has to offer.

Do you go to music festivals in Minnesota October-May? Don't get me wrong, I love living in Minnesota. But to say living in Atlanta is terrible ,due to their weather, is a huge stretch. I would assume those in Atlanta do most of their outdoor activities September-June. While here in Minnesota, we do them April-October.

Do you go to music festivals in Minnesota October-May? Don't get me wrong, I love living in Minnesota. But to say living in Atlanta is terrible ,due to their weather, is a huge stretch. I would assume those in Atlanta do most of their outdoor activities September-June. While here in Minnesota, we do them April-October.

Memorial day every year since I was in like..6th grade. Been to Bonnaroo also and it was really nice in Tenn. If you honestly don't think there is a difference being outside at a festival in MN vs Atlanta in the middle of summer than I dont think there is any hope of you understanding it. I spent a week in Atlanta and it was miserable. Ill gladly take LA or AZ heat any time.

Lived in Minnesota now (from Georgia) for almost 30 years.

Vacation in Florida every summer, typically early August.

At the beach every day...air temp 91 degrees...water temp 81 degrees...clear sky and light breeze...throw in some chairs, umbrellas, and a full cooler can't be beat.

Most Minnesotans think we're nuts. It's too hot...you go to Florida in the winter. Nope. Perfect.

Lived in Minnesota now (from Georgia) for almost 30 years.

Vacation in Florida every summer, typically early August.

At the beach every day...air temp 91 degrees...water temp 81 degrees...clear sky and light breeze...throw in some chairs, umbrellas, and a full cooler can't be beat.

Most Minnesotans think we're nuts. It's too hot...you go to Florida in the winter. Nope. Perfect.

Then you know where Shannon Brooks is from. It says Atlanta on Gopher Sports but it is actually Jasper, GA which lies at the beginning of the Appellations. We will probably retire some day just north of there up by Blue Ridge, GA in a a cabin overlooking spectacular views and yet just 1.5 hour drive to the Atlanta Airport. I burn too easy on the beach.

Top Bottom